cigar enjoyment on the Adventure of the Seas

CDLTEL

Interesting. They turned the cigar lounge into the card room/library on this ship. I wonder if that is the plan for all voyager class (and maybe freedom class) ships?

Tha's what I expect as each ship goes through it's next dry dock.

Tha's what I expect as each ship goes through it's next dry dock.

As far as I'm concerned RCI is making a big mistake by removing the cigar lounges! I've spent many evenings in there enjoying my cigar, drinking my cognac, and making many new friends. Smoking out on deck just doesn't cut it!

Elvis

• Like 1

Interesting. They turned the cigar lounge into the card room/library on this ship. I wonder if that is the plan for all voyager class (and maybe freedom class) ships?

Can you blame them? A card room/library is a big money maker!

Elvis

Where will I be able to enjoy my cigars on the Adventure ofthe seas? No more cigar lounge off the promenade. Oh did I enjoy that room.

I have too - the main reason to book that class of ship.

As far as I'm concerned RCI is making a big mistake by removing the cigar lounges! I've spent many evenings in there enjoying my cigar, drinking my cognac, and making many new friends. Smoking out on deck just doesn't cut it!

Elvis

TOTALLY AGREE!! Why would they take away that money maker (cigars and bar) and put in something that will be a TOTAL waste of space.

I have too - the main reason to book that class of ship.

TOTALLY AGREE!! Why would they take away that money maker (cigars and bar) and put in something that will be a TOTAL waste of space.

I'm in complete agreement as well. I love spending time in the CC after dinner. Shame they're getting rid of them.

The cigar bars are gone and leaving because of revenue.

The old Concierge Lounge located on deck 9 was moved to the card room (deck 14 port side with an outdoor veranda) and renamed the Suite Lounge ( for suite guests & Pinnacles, Diamond + no longer allowed access) .

The rock climbing wall desk was moved from the port side to the starboard side, which means the Diamond lounge has lost it's veranda.

The freed up space on deck 9 was used to put in more interior cabins …….. REVENUE.

The last ship that I know of currently is the Freedom with a cigar bar...…………. until the beginning of Jan. 2020...…..…….when it goes into drydock, with the first cruise scheduled afterward starting Feb. 23, 2020.

Captain Thomas Busto is a huge fan of the Connoisseur Club and says he will fight to keep it on the Freedom...…..….serious uphill battle...….but he'll be trying.

I believe Navigator still has the Connoisseur Club.

Bob, having deja vu all over again with this latest thread, but I’m pretty certain the Liberty still has a Connoisseur Club. And since I’m boarding it in less than six weeks - with my cigars and great tips from Cigar King, D.S., - :D....it better still be there!

VR,

T Lex

Bob, having deja vu all over again with this latest thread, but I’m pretty certain the Liberty still has a Connoisseur Club. And since I’m boarding it in less than six weeks - with my cigars and great tips from Cigar King, D.S., - :D....it better still be there!

VR,

T Lex

Yes, it's still on Liberty.

Glad to hear they still have the lounge on Liberty. I'm running out of cruise ships to travel on!

Elvis

I'm leaving in about two weeks on Explorer. Let's see, three days in Seattle, seven days on the ship, one day in Los Angeles. Do you think 50 cigars are enough?

The cigar bars are gone and leaving because of revenue.

The old Concierge Lounge located on deck 9 was moved to the card room (deck 14 port side with an outdoor veranda) and renamed the Suite Lounge ( for suite guests & Pinnacles, Diamond + no longer allowed access) .

The freed up space on deck 9 was used to put in more interior cabins …….. REVENUE.

The last ship that I know of currently is the Freedom with a cigar bar...…………. until the beginning of Jan. 2020...…..…….when it goes into drydock, with the first cruise scheduled afterward starting Feb. 23, 2020.

Captain Thomas Busto is a huge fan of the Connoisseur Club and says he will fight to keep it on the Freedom...…..….serious uphill battle...….but he'll be trying.

So get rid of the NON REVENUE Card Room/Library (which nobody ever uses anyway), and KEEP the REVENUE PROCUCING Conn. Lounge:rolleyes: