Grand moving to LA?

HaveDogWillTravel

I was booked on the may 5th cruise when they cancelled it...now I got an email offering my spot back. I'm a bit bummed because I found a pretty sweet b2b on 2 Hal ships to go from San Diego to Seattle. However I'd rather take this cruise from SF to Astoria and Nanaimo.

Oh no! You may be able to find a nice b2b with this sailing, too.

PS ... not sure of your exact plan on HAL, but doesn’t sound likeyoud have been able to do a B2B that started in San Diego and ending in Seattle. Maybe it would have worked with two different ships, though.

They have canceled the May 23, 2020 cruise and stated that it is because both the Grand and Golden are being deployed to P & O.

I thought it was star and golden that were going to austrailia.

Grand should be going to Alang.

Oh no! You may be able to find a nice b2b with this sailing, too.

PS ... not sure of your exact plan on HAL, but doesn’t sound likeyoud have been able to do a B2B that started in San Diego and ending in Seattle. Maybe it would have worked with two different ships, though.

I'm all too aware of the requirements - and in a way, its a bit like an eclipse given that it usually only happens once a year or every other year.

The voyage was:

Koningsdam 4/28 to 5/2 - San Diego to Vancouver

Oosterdam 5/2 to 5/3 - Vancouver to Seattle

2 different ships - should be fine.

Strange, now the grand sailing isnt shown anymore and I thought I saw a blip indicating that the Star will do a 4 day sailing LA to Vancouver with a stop in Victoria instead of a 3 day sailing LA to Vancouver in May of 2019. Sounds like theres a lot of adjusting going on at Princess corporate.

I also noticed that the Island appears to be heading east for the summer of 2020 and will not be in Alaska. With the reduction a perhaps all the original grand class ships, it seems like they are downsizing a bit in Alaska. I know next year the total number of berths and departures is going down from Seattle.

http://cruisingrobsblog.blogspot.com/2017/12/princess-alaska-deployment-for-2019.html

Strange, now the grand sailing isnt shown anymore and I thought I saw a blip indicating that the Star will do a 4 day sailing LA to Vancouver with a stop in Victoria instead of a 3 day sailing LA to Vancouver in May of 2019. Sounds like theres a lot of adjusting going on at Princess corporate.

I also noticed that the Island appears to be heading east for the summer of 2020 and will not be in Alaska. With the reduction a perhaps all the original grand class ships, it seems like they are downsizing a bit in Alaska. I know next year the total number of berths and departures is going down from Seattle.

http://cruisingrobsblog.blogspot.com/2017/12/princess-alaska-deployment-for-2019.html

So did you receive another email rescinding the offer to rebook the May 5th 2020 coastal on the Grand?

So did you receive another email rescinding the offer to rebook the May 5th 2020 coastal on the Grand?

No, I had an issue and called them and got it straightened out. The voyage isn't listed as bookable and was listed as sold out (not sure how a coastal repo voyage in over 1.5 years is sold out) to some princess agents. I went up the chain of command a bit and got my old cabin category back at the price I was originally booked under. A pretty good deal for 324 per person plus 95 in port fees.

No, I had an issue and called them and got it straightened out. The voyage isn't listed as bookable and was listed as sold out (not sure how a coastal repo voyage in over 1.5 years is sold out) to some princess agents. I went up the chain of command a bit and got my old cabin category back at the price I was originally booked under. A pretty good deal for 324 per person plus 95 in port fees.

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums