Private Car from Seward to Anchorage?

lesliekamm

Has anybody done this before? I would really like to stop at the Alyeska tram on the way to Anchorage and can't find a transfer that does that. Has anyone rented a private driver? There are no cars available to rent as I just booked the cruise and we leave Monday.

We used PJsTaxi with Renee. She is the owner/operator. She likes to chat and told us a lot of things that mostly interested my 70-something year old mother. :') My kids, husband and I just enjoyed the views. We were all exhausted, but the drive was lovely. We even saw 4 beluga whales a couple miles north of Beluga Point (where there were no actual whales).

We could have done without the stop at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center but all need to get out and stretch and use the bathroom. Our group of 6 had to pay just under $50 to enter the park. The bear area and bathrooms were lovely, but there was a big sign saying those things had been provided by Princess Cruises which also explains the busloads of people there. ;p

We used Salmonberry Tours. At the time, I think the lady's name we worked with was Candy. She customized a transfer for us. We were picked up at the ship in Seward, just the three of us and our luggage. We combined two tours and it ended up to be 6 or 8 hours of touring. We had stops at Alyeska and rode the tram up and walked around. Also stopped and saw all the animals at the Wildlife Conservation Center. Lunch was included at a little cafe that had soups and sandwiches. Then we tacked on their Anchorage city tour and it had stops at Hood Lake, Modern Chocolate Dwellers Lounge, Earthquake Park, and we had her drop us off at Wild Berry's in Anchorage. There was a candy store and gift shop there, and we ate at Sour Dough Mining Company across the street. Wild Berry's stored our luggage while we shopped and had supper. Then they called a cab for us to go to the Airport. I will say we were exhausted, but we saw so much. We took this particular tour in 2011. You might contact Salmonberry Tours and see if they would have anything they can customize for you. I'm fairly certain they still offer the transfer tours between Seward and Anchorage. They also offer transfers from Whittier.