Anyone Heard of This?

Obilix

I am pleased to say, I have had no real or costly problems with any of the TAs we have used over the years. The fact that we have used so many is generally because they have changed their T&Cs or have required greater deposits, earlier final payments or things like that.

Ultimately we shop around between 5 or 6 and also against going direct to the line and choose whichever offers the best deal and conditions for us at that time.

Agents cannot just "roll" gratuities into the total, and even if we could we certainly never earn commission on grats. Amazing some of the misinformation about TAs that get spread around on CC.

Gerko

You sound like a good hard working agent,dedicated to service.

A lot of people,including me are looking for a bargain and are attracted to the cheap deals like $10 deposit and get burnt.

It’s like a month to the flame.

But it’s everywhere not just travel agents.

If you do have a problem with a travel agent and they are not willing to resolve it with you, you could try lodging a complaint with the ATAS website. I don't how effective they are at resolving disputes (if anyone as ever had experience with them it would be interesting to hear what you think of them:D) but I guess if that doesn't work out you could always try Fair Trading, I have found them to be pretty effective at resolving disputes and getting my money back;). Just be sure to keep as many records of communication as possible. While your at it have a peak at the ACCC website and check out the consumer guarantees.

Edited by ilikeanswers