2019_20 WC - 245 Days

Heidi13

Just noted that Viking have just posted segments for both halves of the 245 day WC. The London to LA portion now has 2 segments - London to NY & NY to LA

The 2nd portion from LA to London also has 2 segments - LA to Sydney and Sydney to London.

Tough to find 930 passengers who can do all 245 days. Wouldn't it be reasonable that they already have a plan for how to segment and when to do it? Not saying that would be best not to do so - for the passengers - more continuity. But...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought it was nice the WC had no segments. Most unusual. Look over at Cunard, their World Cruises have segments all over the place. Probably very few sail the entire WC. I am sure it creates a different atmosphere from what we had. Though we did have a number of passengers leave for various reasons. The 245 day WC is obviously not selling as fast as the Inaugural WC. If there are now segments, can "deals" be far behind??

Well, the Owner’s Suite is still available on the January 2019 WC. Talk about deals, maybe they will up grade us!

The 2019 WC has five segments. We have peeople from 2 or 3 of those segments joining on our roll call. I think we will be a friendly and cohesive group.

I thought it was nice the WC had no segments. Most unusual. Look over at Cunard, their World Cruises have segments all over the place. Probably very few sail the entire WC. I am sure it creates a different atmosphere from what we had. Though we did have a number of passengers leave for various reasons. The 245 day WC is obviously not selling as fast as the Inaugural WC. If there are now segments, can "deals" be far behind??

Although we are only doing the 2nd half of the 2019/20 WC, it is still billed as a WC and was looking forward to departing LA with all other pax going to the same destination. I noted lots of positive comments about this on your 2018 WC.

Our previous WC comprised 2 separate full World Cruises - R/T Sydney & R/T Freemantle. In addition, they also had 4 segments. On board it never felt like a WC, only a series of long segments.

With respect to deals, just noted that our cabin just increased $1,500 at the beginning of Sept. Not sure if this is a fare hike, or correction in the exchange rate, as we only receive CAN $ pricing.