Barcelona tour fallen through Sept 11

chrisym

Can anyone currently on Eclipse help me please? I thought I had a tour organised to get me out of Barcelona for disembarkation Day but have just received an email stating that there haven't been enough takers for it to go ahead. I've asked at the Destination Desk and they only have a short city tour, which I've done before, followed by a ride to a taxi stand. I understand that there may not be taxi's working in the city that day although Celebrity say they are unaware of this. As an older woman alone I'm a little nervous about carting bags ( heavy after 6 weeks of travel) around Barcelona among the festivities/demonstrations!

Any ideas please email to chrismurray230 at gmail as I can't access the email that notifications go to, or for anyone on board, I'm in 3121

Of course, you are right. How on earth do I edit a post?

And apparently there will be strike action on the 11th due to the National day demonstrations

What day do you disembark? Why will there not be taxis available at the port? Also, you should remove your cabin number, since you are still onboard. Best be safe.

Some suggestions:

a. Post on your Rollcall to see if anyone has free space on a airport transfer.

b. See if can arrange a private / uber transfer

c. Check the Barcelona Ports of Call foum forcontacts / ideas.

Thank you :-)

I don't think my role call is available any longer as we are currently cruising - and I'm not going to the airport until the following day. I could find nothing for August, when we left.

Some suggestions:

a. Post on your Rollcall to see if anyone has free space on a airport transfer.

b. See if can arrange a private / uber transfer

c. Check the Barcelona Ports of Call foum forcontacts / ideas.

Check with a Concierge on board..perhaps they can give you safe ideas or even help book a private tour for you and your luggage....

Or

Go to your post cruise hotel early and see what tour ideas they have..they will hold your luggage

I asked on the ports board about taxis since my cruise leaves on September 11 and was told that the events take place in afternoon so shouldn't be any issue getting a taxi to the port. Since you are leaving so much earlier I would think taxis would be readily available.

I asked on the ports board about taxis since my cruise leaves on September 11 and was concerned about getting a taxi from hotel to port. I was told that the events take place in the afternoon so shouldn't be any issue getting a taxi to the port. Since you are leaving so much earlier I would think taxis would be readily available at the port. If you are still uncertain you can book a taxi.