Star Princess - Alaska 2021

cruisefan2012

Hi

I was on Star Princess in May 2018 from Vancouver to Alaska - Was incredible

I was thinking to myself today that I would LOVE to go back on board in 2021 before she leaves the Princess Cruises fleet

I was wondering if anybody knows if Star Princess will likely be based in Vancouver in 2021 and would she be sailing up too Alaska again........

A long way off I know

Cruisefan2012

Summer 2021 will be announced November/December 2019 at the very earliest.

The P&O Australia announcement stated Star Princess will join their fleet in "late 2021".

So she may be still in North America that summer. Or may not.

With the fifth Royal-class ship (Enchanted Princess) arriving by then you may see two of those ships in Alaska by 2021. Which would potentially render Star Princess prematurely redundant to the Princess fleet. Or not.

When Golden Princess was announced as leaving in 2020 I went right ahead and booked a May 2018 cruise. You may want to book Star for your earliest free date rather than count on waiting for the announcement of her final deployment.

Because any answer at this point is a complete guess.

The info I got from Princess said summer 2021. It will need a dry dock to change for the Australian market.

Info from Princess ? Hope that's not a phone rep giving you that info

There's almost never Princess ships of any kind in Australia in the summer, even the Sea and Sun sail Asia in those months. I would be very surprised if your information is right, and the Star is still not in North America in summer 2021

A dry dock to rebrand won't take more then a couple of weeks max

Srpilo

We just booked the Star for April of 2020 from LA to Vancouver. The sailing seems a little early for the Alaska season so I wonder if she is heading for another dry-dock in Victoria (re-branding) or a R/T to Hawaii. It's sad to see our favorite ship go away. We're going to miss Skywalkers.

We just booked the Star for April of 2020 from LA to Vancouver. The sailing seems a little early for the Alaska season so I wonder if she is heading for another dry-dock in Victoria (re-branding) or a R/T to Hawaii. It's sad to see our favorite ship go away. We're going to miss Skywalkers.

She is probably doing a cruise to Hawaii at that time. Princess tries to do two Hawaii cruises a year from Vancouver.

Will be sad to see the Star go. We sailed her for the first time last fall and it was great! This year we will be on the Island, but just looking at the deck plans I already don’t think I’ll like it as much as the Star.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Read an article online that says Royal Princess is heading to the US West Coast

I dont know if she will be in Vancouver in 2021 but I`d happily sail on her to Alaska if the chance arose

I`ve sailed on sister ship P&O Britannia (Will have sailed twice by 2021)

The Royal is coming to Alaska in 2019 . It will be West Coast for a while. I expect that a another Royal class will come to the West Coast.

The Royal is coming to Alaska in 2019 . It will be West Coast for a while. I expect that a another Royal class will come to the West Coast.

In another thread there are reports that some European port schedules already released for Summer 2020 have Royal Princess listed there.

In another thread there are reports that some European port schedules already released for Summer 2020 have Royal Princess listed there.

They might use that name. The Sky Princess will be in Europe in 2021. Names on schedule don’t matter. The Royal is in Vancouver Canada in mid May 2020.

They might use that name. The Sky Princess will be in Europe in 2021. Names on schedule don’t matter. The Royal is in Vancouver Canada in mid May 2020.

Isn't that what everyone said a couple years ago when Sapphire Princess began appearing on European port schedules well before Princess officially announced her summer 2018 deployment from Southampton? "That's impossible, Sapphire only sails Asia and Australia now"

I'm not trying to argue minutiae here..just pointing out that things aren't always what they seem. And at least two ships have had their announced spring 2020 repositioning cruises changed or cancelled already. Royal could easily be revised to do an LA to Europe repo in 2020 just as Emerald will be in 2019 (which was another complete surprise in the schedule).