Recent Anthem of the Seas Star Class Genie?

No we haven't.  This is only our second cruise on Royal. Our other waa Enchantment probably 10 years ago.  We were disappointed with that cruise, so avoided Royal until friends and family kept talking about their great experiences.  I'm really looking forward to get onboard. I think this will be a great trip.  

9 minutes ago, e050377 said:

No we haven't.  This is only our second cruise on Royal. Our other waa Enchantment probably 10 years ago.  We were disappointed with that cruise, so avoided Royal until friends and family kept talking about their great experiences.  I'm really looking forward to get onboard. I think this will be a great trip.  

This will be our second time on RCCL (both on Anthem).  Can't pass up the convenience of the quick drive to the port (read: we don't have to fly!).  We almost weren't on this trip, but a nice room opened up two weeks ago.  Have you had a genie before?

20 minutes ago, philpcruiser said:

This will be our second time on RCCL (both on Anthem).  Can't pass up the convenience of the quick drive to the port (read: we don't have to fly!).  We almost weren't on this trip, but a nice room opened up two weeks ago.  Have you had a genie before?

We have not had a Genie before. We did have a butler on Norwegian, and if I'm reading correctly this is going to be even better!  We also booked not too long ago after rates dropped. We are from near Syracuse, so we will drive also.  I just sent my first e-mail, so we will see how this goes:)  Did you have a Genie on your last Anthem cruise?

2 hours ago, e050377 said:

We have not had a Genie before. We did have a butler on Norwegian, and if I'm reading correctly this is going to be even better!  We also booked not too long ago after rates dropped. We are from near Syracuse, so we will drive also.  I just sent my first e-mail, so we will see how this goes:)  Did you have a Genie on your last Anthem cruise?

We had a genie last time too.  We've also had butlers on celebrity and sailed concierge on disney.  We found the genie slightly disappointing last time, but maybe our expectations were too high.  The genie did grant our daughter a wish we'll never forget.  That made our cruise more memorable than any other. 

• 4 months later...

My wife and I will be traveling on Anthem in Star Class, with Genie and all in June. While we are big travelers, this will in fact be my first cruise. Looking forward to it.

Can anyone please advise on tipping?

2 minutes ago, imkosmic said:

My wife and I will be traveling on Anthem in Star Class, with Genie and all in June. While we are big travelers, this will in fact be my first cruise. Looking forward to it.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  I believe all your tips are included in Star Class.  All you would need to do is tip the Genie.

We just finished a Star Class cruise on Anthem. Agostina was our Genie and she was fantastic. My understanding is Genies are not included in the standard pp/pd amount, so we tipped her for the week. You will really enjoy the Star Class experience on Anthem, we definitely did. The rooms are nice as well, we prefer the Oasis Class Star Suites, but Anthem's are really nice as well.

Found an answer directly from Royal Caribbean - but you need to read the fine print right at the bottom of the page. 

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Suites/17056423_STAR_Royal_Suite_Class_Consumer_Flyer.pdf

Essentially all tips are included except for the Genie.

They just don't say how much, but I'm getting the sense from other posts that $100 per day for the Genie is about right - approx. $25-$50 per guest per day (we're a couple, but I saw some families of 4 hitting the $100 per day rate).

Edited by imkosmic

2 hours ago, imkosmic said:

Hi.  You will love it.  The Anthem has some fun things to do that always have crazy lines.  Bumper cars, escape room, North Star, iFly, sushi class, cupcake class, wine tastings, tours, etc.  We only did them one time per session because we didn't want to prevent others from participating, but we did everything we wanted more than once.  It's a nice perk.  I also highly recommend the specialty restaurants and, if you are a foodie that enjoys wine, the Chef's Table is excellent.  

When a bunch of the Star Class guests were on a tour together, we chatted a bit about tipping.  The general consensus for the Genie was a minimum of about $500, but averaged around $25-$50 per person per day.  Have a great time!

2 hours ago, Sorcerer Tim said:

We just finished a Star Class cruise on Anthem. Agostina was our Genie and she was fantastic. My understanding is Genies are not included in the standard pp/pd amount, so we tipped her for the week. You will really enjoy the Star Class experience on Anthem, we definitely did. The rooms are nice as well, we prefer the Oasis Class Star Suites, but Anthem's are really nice as well.

We did B2B SC cruises on Anthem in Feb.  We were not able to get the same suite for both legs.  We had 8724 (GLS) on the first segment.  Beautiful suite.  The second leg we got 10720 (also GLS).  What a disappointment !  It was about 1/3 the size of 8724 and IMO should't even be a SC suite.  So I agree with you....while the SC suites on the Q class are nice, the ones on O class are just so much better !

• 1 month later...

I have booked nothing at this point (we are 65 days away from sailing) and I was hoping the genie would just take care of any requests.  Do you recommend I book things now?  At what point did you hear from your genie?  

You will be totally fine to book nothing in advance.  Your Genie will make sure you get to do what you want, eat where you want, whenever you want.  You will hear from them about 2 weeks before your sailing.  After you correspond a bit, they will send you a suggested itinerary and you can then request any changes that you wish.  It’s great fun.  Have a fabulous time!!

On 4/8/2019 at 6:07 PM, TraditionalSiamese said:

When a bunch of the Star Class guests were on a tour together, we chatted a bit about tipping.  The general consensus for the Genie was a minimum of about $500, but averaged around $25-$50 per person per day.  Have a great time!

Thank you for sharing that.  I recently had gotten upgraded to star and had no idea what to tip my genie.  I think I undertipped, I thought I had read 100 per person... I must have ignored the per day 🤪.... I gave 400 for the 4 of us on a 7 day.  Oh well I’ll know better next time!  It was unique because it was such a last minute upgrade, the concierge had actually booked all our dinners for us via our emails....then he emailed us he was no longer our concierge due to genie... it was bittersweet he broke up with us!  So we gave him $50 for our short term relationship.  It was a wonderful and very unexpected experience being in Star class!