Different inbound and outbound carriers while connecting in LHR.

lifeasme123

I do not understand this. Are you saying there is one ticket number for LAX-LHR-CPH?
Correct: If you have a through booking on one ticket, then LAX-LHR, LHR-CPH, MAD-LHR and LHR-LAX will all be on one ticket with one ticket number. The ticket number should start with 932.

(Actually, you may well find that you have two consecutive ticket numbers, because that itinerary will require the use of five coupons and there are only four coupons in a book. But as they're consecutive ticket numbers, that should be obvious, and they'll be written so that for practical purposes you treat them as one ticket. And yes, electronic tickets replicate all of those paper concepts in electronic form.)

It is rather frustrating here when trying to get basic information is so hard.

Sorry about this....please know the information you gave me is greatly appreciated.

If so, this is the search that you need (the full text of the second box is F BC=W|BC=S|BC=H|BC=K as W, S, H and K are four booking classes used by VS for PE):-

Having this I now know how.

Thank you!

Just a word about Norwegian

we flew London to Orlando April to join a TA cruise back to UK

one way air fare with major carriers was more than double return fares!

Norwegian had a good price and Premium economy was less than 2 hundred pounds than economy for that particular flight so we went for it

based on that experience we would only book premium with them again based on what we saw of regular seats

we had wider seats with foot rests

food and drink included-food wasn't good but isn't that airline food everywhere?

we flew London to Orlando April to join a TA cruise back to UK

one way air fare with major carriers was more than double return fares!

Norwegian had a good price and Premium economy was less than 2 hundred pounds than economy for that particular flight so we went for it

based on that experience we would only book premium with them again based on what we saw of regular seats

we had wider seats with foot rests

food and drink included-food wasn't good but isn't that airline food everywhere?

Yup - totally aware that one way tickets sometime cost more than roundtrip. I never understood why.

I have read Norweigan is nice, but the whole wet-lease has me worried. We were booked on a return from Gatwick to JFK this past June. I ooked it based on the aircraft being a dreamliner. Then a week before the flight we were notified that the aircraft has changed to a plane ( wet lease) from Wamos. I immediately researched Wamos and decided to cancel the flight at the last minute.

Iberia premium economy was the worst we have been in.

Delta was ok.

BA is still our favorite - the attendants are awesome, the seats are comfy and we have free flowing drinks and food.

I have read Norweigan is nice, but the whole wet-lease has me worried. We were booked on a return from Gatwick to JFK this past June. I ooked it based on the aircraft being a dreamliner. Then a week before the flight we were notified that the aircraft has changed to a plane ( wet lease) from Wamos. I immediately researched Wamos and decided to cancel the flight at the last minute.
Another word about Norwegian is the very real possibility that they may go bust.

The short-notice wet-leasing is a symptom of the stress that they are under. Part of it is not Norwegian's fault: they have built a strategy around using 787s, of which the less said the better (which is true even without the major engine issues at the moment). But they are also under serious financial stress, and they are currently in asset-selling mode to raise cash. Much of this was industry rumour until this summer, when it became mainstream financial news, so all of this is readily readable via search engines if anyone is interested.

Another word about Norwegian is the very real possibility that they may go bust.

It’s almost as if below rock-bottom fares on long haul services using brand new aircraft is not a sustainable business model...

I saw that they recently wet-leased an A380, which would have been a better substitution than the Wamos 747s the OP was faced with (although I assume Premium pax got Business cabin on those flights). But now they have Wamos A330s doing half the LGW-JFK and all the FLL flights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It’s almost as if below rock-bottom fares on long haul services using brand new aircraft is not a sustainable business model...

I saw that they recently wet-leased an A380, which would have been a better substitution than the Wamos 747s the OP was faced with (although I assume Premium pax got Business cabin on those flights). But now they have Wamos A330s doing half the LGW-JFK and all the FLL flights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought about the business cabin as well, but the reviews online were not great. It's a long flight with a young child - we wanted to make sure there would be in-flight entertainment.

I bought the tickets today. Globaliser - it is one ticket #!!!!!

Outbound: Connection time of 2hr 15 min (LAX-CPH)

Inbound: Connection time of 2 hr 40 min (Lisbon-LAX)

We decided on going to Lisbon after Madrid. Now, the flight from Lisbon to LHR is Portugal TAP. I know nothing about this carrier. It is the only one that gives us a longer connection. BA was 90 mins connection.