How bad are adjoining rooms?

BENHANDEL

Had an adjoining cabin twice. First one just heard on occasion a door slam or if one was at the door talking to someone outside. Otherwise no issue.

The second time I was in an adjoining room,there was a very active :o:ocouple where the lady was rather loud at times. Every night except the last night, had a "show" sometimes twice a night.

Kind of hard to say keep the activities down. I see them on deck from time to time and just couldn't look at them thinking about the daily night shows

Thanks all. I am also surprised that the carnival rep put me in an adjoining cabin when there would have been so many options available at that time. Like another person said, I would think that they try to hold those open for families that would really want the adjoining option.

There is no difference between closed connecting doors and a wall. The doors are probably a better sound barrier than the wall.

We agree. We did stuff a rolled up towel at the bottom of the door to be sure no noise came in that way. We did not have any problems with noise any louder than it might have been with a solid wall.

We had an adjoining balcony cabin last year and NEVER AGAIN!!! We heard everything from the cabin next door. They had their TV on late every night, and of course we had to listen to it, too. The worst was that our neighbors got "frisky" at all hours-daytime, nighttime, you name it. Sometimes several times at night. When we ran into them in the hallway, it was difficult to look them in the eye. We are glad they had a great cruise-at least, that's what it sounded like. We decided on that cruise that if an adjoining cabin was the only cabin left to book, we would choose another cruise.

My Mom and I had one of those rooms on the Liberty some years back. I don't think it would have been too bad except for one of the people in that room coughed and coughed and hacked and hawked, spit, you could hear it all, and it went on all night. I think it is the only time I had a connecting room on a ship. I have tried to avoid them ever since then. But if your neighbors are not making excessive noise it should be fine.