Has anyone received their first offer to bid within 30 days of sail date?

tbae

With 26 days to go we got an offer to go from an H5 to either an H4 or an H2. I know that our sailing is showing SOLD OUT for all Haven -- and I get that isn't always 100%-- the line may have pocket rooms or whatever... We did not respond at all upon getting the email 3 days ago--and then each day following, we got another email from NCL. I am wondering--for some reason maybe do they REALLY want my specific room.... or is this just them trying to get a few more bucks for the highest bidder on maybe a room that was just canceled or something? I know there is no one who can tell me for sure an answer--but just wondering if anyone has gotten an offer to bid so close to sail date--and if they normally send daily emails about you bidding. We did bid $50 pp more than the minimum just to see what happens on the H4. We will be extremely happy either way. We will either keep a beautiful room with a giant balcony or gain the ease of more space in the cabin with a nicer bathroom (well 2 bathrooms) -can't go wrong either way. :-) Cheers!

They are just fishing for higher bid and intel. How many Haven on Bliss? I know Escape it is +/- 100 Haven rooms and I believe Bliss is slightly less although I've never done the math.

So upgrade will come down to any Haven cancels and highest bidders on 2 DOS and 24 H4.

They are just fishing for higher bid and intel. How many Haven on Bliss? I know Escape it is +/- 100 Haven rooms and I believe Bliss is slightly less although I've never done the math.

So upgrade will come down to any Haven cancels and highest bidders on 2 DOS and 24 H4.

The Bliss has 80 Haven rooms. 50 in the courtyard. And 30 elsewhere on the ship.

Love the promotion!!! Would be livid if they ever got rid of it. You can’t cruise on any other line and get the same return of your money like you do with NCL.

You are kidding me right.

We have been sailing NCL for many years but haven’t done so last or this because their suite prices have gone through the roof.

Just last night I had a look at next year doing the med in June. Put in my dates, chose an SE suite and when the price came back I thought ”that’s not bad £3,700 for seven nights,”. Until I realized that was for one person!

With 26 days to go we got an offer to go from an H5 to either an H4 or an H2. I know that our sailing is showing SOLD OUT for all Haven -- and I get that isn't always 100%-- the line may have pocket rooms or whatever... We did not respond at all upon getting the email 3 days ago--and then each day following, we got another email from NCL. I am wondering--for some reason maybe do they REALLY want my specific room.... or is this just them trying to get a few more bucks for the highest bidder on maybe a room that was just canceled or something? I know there is no one who can tell me for sure an answer--but just wondering if anyone has gotten an offer to bid so close to sail date--and if they normally send daily emails about you bidding. We did bid $50 pp more than the minimum just to see what happens on the H4. We will be extremely happy either way. We will either keep a beautiful room with a giant balcony or gain the ease of more space in the cabin with a nicer bathroom (well 2 bathrooms) -can't go wrong either way. :-) Cheers!

What is a pocket room?

You are kidding me right.

We have been sailing NCL for many years but haven’t done so last or this because their suite prices have gone through the roof.

Just last night I had a look at next year doing the med in June. Put in my dates, chose an SE suite and when the price came back I thought ”that’s not bad £3,700 for seven nights,”. Until I realized that was for one person!

I think the person was saying they like the bid upgrade program. Using the bid system you can score a sweet cabin for an excellent price.

I bid on an H5 from a mid-ship balcony just a few weeks before sailing. I bid $100 over the minimum and it was accepted the next day. I hesitated because we were booked on a port intensive 9 day Baltic and wasn't sure if we could take full advantage of the area. I'm on the ship now and we ended up with 3 of the 5 ports being cancelled due to weather. It suffices to say, we are so grateful for the extra pampering, quiet spaces and a private dining room and bar. We had 2 wonderful sunny days in Russia and this has gone from an exhausting itinerary to a relaxing vacation.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk