Liberty of the Seas – how many go formal on formal nights?

HBE4

We cruise every winter to the Caribbean and my observation of people dressed formally is lower than some of the previous comments. Very few people dress formally, under 5%. About one third wear suits and nice dresses, another third with sport coats and dresses/nice slacks, and the rest in casual attire. Just remember, almost anything is acceptable

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We cruise every winter to the Caribbean and my observation of people dressed formally is lower than some of the previous comments. Very few people dress formally, under 5%. About one third wear suits and nice dresses, another third with sport coats and dresses/nice slacks, and the rest in casual attire. Just remember, almost anything is acceptable

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

According to the OP’s question that’s about 40% then. Maybe 70% if you include those with a sport coat. They weren’t asking about true formal, is in black tie, tux.

Dan

Over the years, we have relaxed a bit because it seems out of place to wear a suit and tie with so many people in shorts and polo shirts. We still like to dress formal. That's part of the fun for us, but kind of a let down when others look like they just rolled in from a bender.

So, generally speaking, a nice shirt and tie and slacks are formal for me now.

Hi,

First time poster, long time stalker (i.e. unregistered user).

Just a simple question: How many (what %) of passengers get dressed up on formal night? My definition of "dressed up" is suit & tie for men, a nice dress for ladies i.e. dressed like you are going to a wedding but not IN the wedding.

I’ve been in 8 RCI cruises over the past 10 years and noticed that the percentage of people getting dressed up tends to vary with the ship & itinerary from a high of about 80%+ to about 50% on my last cruise in April on Oasis.

I don’t mind getting dressed up 1 or 2 nights a week but from what I’ve read, cruising out of Texas tends to be more casual than Florida or New York. This will be my first cruise out of Galveston so I’m looking forward to advice from recent LOS cruisers.

Thanks in advance!

Less than 10 % .If you have time to tour Galveston ,do it .A beautiful city.

I think it depends on when you go. In January, last year, almost everyone was dressed up in the MDR at dinner. I was actually surprised having read so many threads about it. I could see where the % would drop during the summer and school holidays.

Either way, the majority still dress up so plan accordingly.