Scot born

Heading out on the Explorer on Saturday 6th October, is there anyth you want to know.

I will be on the Explorer on Saturday 6th to the 13th. While trying to research the ship it has been a mixed bag. I know everyone has their own ideas of good and bad, therefore what I would like to do is try and get as much factual info as possible, so if there is anything that you would like me to checkout let me know and I will do my best. I am not buying the wifi so a full report of what you wanted to know along with my thoughts and review will be posted come the 16th October as I have hubbys 60th on the 14th and a busy weekend when I return. :)

Will be interested to hear what you think. We’ve only today booked a trip on her for next year!

Have a lovely time

Thanks Cristaltips I am really looking forward to sailing on the Explorer as most of my cruises have been on Marella cruise lines and each one is different in their own way. I am sure I will have a ball..

Thanks I will take a note of all questions and check them all out. If anyone knows before hand then all the better. Keep the questions coming.

I was on in july some good some bad. Food quality was not as good as previous marella cruises but it was the service in the MDR that really needs looking at ,long waits between courses and drink service was slow there it seemed a bit better upstairs so would try there as dont seem to have as many tables to look after. Shows were good and service in bars was fine but lacks atmosphere maybe due to some of the duos playing around the ship. I had a good holiday as was with friends but thought the discovery a better ship.

Cloudyrain, thanks for that info. Much appreciated.clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Would you also be able to add that info to the thread in the link above? It would finish it off and might be easier for others to find it if they are looking and using the search this forum option.

Did you also have a look in the library? That was the second part of that thread question. If not, maybe Scot born could report back.

Thanks.

Hi I have just checked the deck plans and can't see any library. Tui usually has this next to the coffee port, so I will be on a mission next week to find it if there is one. One more for my list. There is a mention of the attic on deck 8 maybe that's it, don't know will find out.

Hi I have just checked the deck plans and can't see any library. Tui usually has this next to the coffee port, so I will be on a mission next week to find it if there is one. One more for my list. There is a mention of the attic on deck 8 maybe that's it, don't know will find out.

Hope you’ve got a big clipboard! 😂😂😂

Mystery solved: the Attic is the Library mid-deck 8. Also connected to the gamer zone with PS4. Selection of books and games in library with no librarian so held yourself :)

Cloudyrain, thanks again. Good to know there actually is a library as we have noticed over the years that they are becoming smaller with less of a book selection. I know HAL have been tweaking libraries on their ships too. We will head for the library when we are doing our wee explore of the ship shortly after boarding.

I didn't know you are actually onboard now, and unless you are using free shore WiFi you must be using your precious (expensive and slow) onboard internet minutes answering questions. Really kind of you, but if it is costing you, Scot born will board in a few days.

The library, deck 8, called the Attic, a Few hundred books donated by passengers?. also comfy chairs, very quiet. don't give up on opening the door, it is very heavy. books in no particular order

Hope you’ve got a big clipboard! 😂😂😂

Because of all the great friends on CC looks like I won't need one. ;p Drying rope in shower, tick Library, tick

That's what's great about CC friends you always have the answers to all the questions. :*

However if there is anything else needing checked out I'm your girl ( well middle aged girl but still young at heart because of cruising) :'):'):')

Thanks will do, can't wait.

Hi Scot born

could you try and see the cabins on deck 10 10160 we are joining Explorer march 2019 with our cruise and stay thanks in advance.

We’ve got cabin 8091. Could you see if decent position, please.

Enjoy your snooping!!!! 😂

On my list, snooping????? Ok just a little but all for a good cause :')

:cool: Looking forward to explore the Explorer:o

Enjoy your Cruise. We are on it on the 25th Nov so counting down the days. We were on it's sister ship (Celebrity Century) a few years ago and it is a lovely ship.

Enjoy your Cruise. We are on it on the 25th Nov so counting down the days. We were on it's sister ship (Celebrity Century) a few years ago and it is a lovely ship.

Thanks getting very excited now. Love exploring (pardon the pun) new cruise ships :'):'):')

Cloudyrain, thanks again. Good to know there actually is a library as we have noticed over the years that they are becoming smaller with less of a book selection. I know HAL have been tweaking libraries on their ships too. We will head for the library when we are doing our wee explore of the ship shortly after boarding.

I didn't know you are actually onboard now, and unless you are using free shore WiFi you must be using your precious (expensive and slow) onboard internet minutes answering questions. Really kind of you, but if it is costing you, Scot born will board in a few days.

Ah don’t worry, free 4g from my internet provider in port don’t worry :)

It’s a lovely ship so I don’t mind spending a few minutes reassuring people :)

The books seem to be a good mix (some passenger donated, others supplied by the ship). New and old (including new best sellers like Eleanor Oliphant is Fine) and a good range of factual and fiction. The board game selection is relatively good too if that’s something you like.

Have a good holiday everyone: it’s a a good ship and overall really happy :)

Cloudyrain and Davecttr, thanks to both for the info on library and drying cord which I have now added to my original thread.

Scot born, you will have less to do now, more time to enjoy your trip.

Hello Scotborn (me too)

I've just noticed you are off today.Have a wonderful time.

In case you do get my message.Could you please find out which decks you are allowed to smoke on.I feel like a broken record (remember them)as I have asked this question several times.I am on deck 12 and as an ex smoker I don't want to be near a smoking area as I can't stand the smell.I will be very grateful if you are able to find out. Going in February.

Hello Scotborn (me too)

Could you please find out which decks you are allowed to smoke on.I feel like a broken record (remember them)as I have asked this question several times.I am on deck 12 and as an ex smoker I don't want to be near a smoking area as I can't stand the smell.I will be very grateful if you are able to find out. Going in February.

We have just got back from the Explorer, a lovely ship! Smoking is outside on the starboard side of Deck 6 and on Deck 12 forward overlooking the pool. Also on the outside deck aft of the Squid and Anchor. We hardly saw anyone smoking other than outside the Squid and Anchor in the evenings, and we never smelled smoke anywhere. Hope you have a great cruise:)

Safe advice - My safe used a 6 digit PIN number which you set yourself but the previous occupier left it closed!. A trip to reception sorted the problem as they came and used their master PIN. I then happily unpacked and loaded the safe over 20 minutes or so. The safe now did not work. Another trip to reception solved the problem. If you leave the door open for an extended period the locking electronics resets and you have to go through the PIN input sequence again

Hi Scot born

could you try and see the cabins on deck 10 10160 we are joining Explorer march 2019 with our cruise and stay thanks in advance.

deck 10 cabin 10160 large family balcony at back of ship. Below squid and anchor sun deck above looks like the kiddies club

We’ve got cabin 8091. Could you see if decent position, please.

Enjoy your snooping!!!! 😂

This cabin is in a good position half way between mid and front loos nice and quite

We have just got back from the Explorer, a lovely ship! Smoking is outside on the starboard side of Deck 6 and on Deck 12 forward overlooking the pool. Also on the outside deck aft of the Squid and Anchor. We hardly saw anyone smoking other than outside the Squid and Anchor in the evenings, and we never smelled smoke anywhere. Hope you have a great cruise:)

This is all correct info good old cc friends 👍

Safe advice - My safe used a 6 digit PIN number which you set yourself but the previous occupier left it closed!. A trip to reception sorted the problem as they came and used their master PIN. I then happily unpacked and loaded the safe over 20 minutes or so. The safe now did not work. Another trip to reception solved the problem. If you leave the door open for an extended period the locking electronics resets and you have to go through the PIN input sequence again

Looks like they have solved this problem as when embarking the ship they handed printouts with the over ride number so no need to go chasing :')

Thank you to dronnygirl and all who gave advice on my smoking question.

Hope you're having a brilliant time Scot born.

Mags

One thing we did like was lots of water machines near the cabins. We always take water out with us as we do a lot of walking and like to have water in the cabin at night. Never had to buy any water. It's worth taking a drinks bottle.