Wow Holy Increase - Escape March 2019

Paphillyguy

This doesn't surprise us one tiny bit, for the NY or Northeast market, with limited/few competition on similar sailings - as a general rule/background vis-a-vis RCL ship/sailings out of nearby Cape Liberty for the same period. NCL set the prices with basic Economics 101 ... supply & demand.

Was just pricing out MIA/FLL sailing next January for the Caribs ... MSC's products are priced anywhere from $500 to $800 less than what NCL is charging, for basic balcony cabins with nearly identical perks and promo offers - easy to vote with the wallet & stroll to the other lines.

On the other hand, if the FAS promo perks aren't important - and, to some, they aren't - there are some terrific last-minute Sail Away Rates at rock bottom prices, out of NYC - for both the Escape & the Gem, on select dates (... disclaimers & fineprints do apply, yada yada)

$499 sounds like a GTY cabin while $1019 sounds like the first available with perks... GTY probably sold out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

sounds about right to me as well. I know prices go up and down based on supply and demand and yes, prices have gone up over the years, but there is no way the same, identical cabin went from $500 to over $1000 in one or 2 days. :confused:

And now it's up to $1829! Just this week, I have seen the price go from $1629 to $1829. We paid $1079! A BA is $1829, an Aft Balcony is $1769, a Large Balcony is $1819, and a Spa Balcony is $1899. How does that make any sense?!?!
That is a huge jump. Glad you booked when you did, but still it isn't over doubled like the Op said the price jump was and it didn't happnen in 48 hours..

I know the price we paid for our 10 day cruise out of San Juan in Feb also has jumped a lot.