Flying into Amsterdam, cruise leaves from Rotterdam

Radbooks

We're flying into Amsterdam next June the day before our cruise leaves from Rotterdam. I think our flight gets in at about 10:30. What is the best way to get to Rotterdam? I've read about a train, if that is the best way, how long does it take? Where do you get off? Is it right downtown Rotterdam or???

We don't have a hotel yet... we'd kind of like to stay on the old Rotterdam cruise hotel there, because that was our first cruise ship back in 1984! But, I don't know where it is located compared to the train - if we take that - and downtown, etc. We'd like to see some of the sights before boarding the ship the next day.

Thanks for all your help!

Train will be between 30 or 40 minutes, depending if it is a fast train or not. Be aware luggage storage s limited and stay with your luggage at all times. However you will need transportation, either by cab or metro from Rotterdam Centraal to get to Hotel New York. Train details here: https://www.ns.nl/en

I advise you to check google maps to see locatrions of hotel, trainstation etc.

Another option of course but more expensive is cab (or Uber) from the airport, check this link: https://www.schiphol.nl/en/page/transportation-from-schiphol/

• 2 weeks later...

What cruise are you on?  We are also cruising out of Rotterdam next June; flying into Amsterdam.  We are on the June 8th Holland America Rotterdam.  We don't have hotel yet either and are hoping to spend at least two days in Amsterdam prior to the cruise, but everything I've found online says the train is super easy - look for "Intercity" options rather than "Sprinter", which stop at every station.

• 2 weeks later...

There are group shuttles that you can pick up at the airport for transportation to your Rotterdam hotel.  You'll find lots listed on Google. That's what we used.

As Ine mentioned, the hotel you are inquiring about is Hotel New York and it is really not near any public transportation.  From the train station, you'd have to take another train, then a bus, and then walk. The distance is walkable and while I wouldn't want to do it with luggage (did it without luggage), I did see people walking it dragging their suitcases behind them. 

If you use the train, 

• 3 weeks later...

The old headoffice of HAL is now Hotel New York and is net to the cruiseterminal.  The old ss Rotterdam is also a hoterl but docked a bit farther away. There is a brige connecting those 2 parts of town in Rotterdam, walkable but not that convenient with luggage. I have heard there seems to be a shuttle to the cruiseterminal when there is a ship docked at the terminal. Check Google maps for details