drone question

summercruisin'

Just booked my first cruise on NCL, and I see that drones are not allowed on board. My 17 year old DS with autism has a drone and drone photography is one of his hobbies and passions. He has already flown more than a thousand hours and will likely have his commercial drone license by the time we travel. He respects both the law and people's personal space while flying.

The problem is that we will be in Europe (several countries) for more than 2 weeks before the cruise, and he has researched flight laws there and is excited to get some footage during this once in a lifetime trip.....

Do we have any options? He would be fine with not flying it during the cruise portion of our trip, if need be, but we have nowhere to keep the drone while on the cruise. Are we going to have to leave it home for the entire trip? If you have any info that may help or suggestions, please let us know. TIA

Use the search function and look for prior threads on drones. There is a thread form someone who it seemed had similar qualifications as your son and he was able to get the drone from NCL's holding location to take off ship at some of the ports.

Use the search function and look for prior threads on drones. There is a thread form someone who it seemed had similar qualifications as your son and he was able to get the drone from NCL's holding location to take off ship at some of the ports.
Wasn't the poster on a MSC cruise where he asked for an exemption to the rule and posted what he did on NCL thread, suggesting that they ask the Captain?

Thanks! I actually did that AFTER posting my thread (oops! Rookie mistake with no excuse, since I've posted plenty!) and found a few threads. Would have deleted mine if I could have. Thank you for the info, though. Looks like that will be the best option.

Do we have any options? He would be fine with not flying it during the cruise portion of our trip.

I think you shouldn't even consider trying to fly it during the cruise portion, keep in mind the ship will be traveling at about 20/25 miles an hour it would be at full power just trying to catch up.