Message function does not seem to be fully enabled

While in my profile, I noticed an envelope in the upper right corner.  When I click on it and then compose new, I get the attached message.  Thinking this might be future functionality that isn't ready yet but just in case the intent was to have this working, I thought I'd let you know it isn't!

bug.JPG

24 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

While in my profile, I noticed an envelope in the upper right corner.  When I click on it and then compose new, I get the attached message.  Thinking this might be future functionality that isn't ready yet but just in case the intent was to have this working, I thought I'd let you know it isn't!

bug.JPG

I doubt that messaging option will be enabled.  It wasn't on the old site.  

Sorry.  I don't understand the reply.  I am trying to honestly remember the last time I messaged someone on CC and I can't remember.  But, why would a message function BUTTON even exist if there were no functionality?  I tried messaging someone today and I got the same pop-up as the OP.

Edited by AKJonesy

1 minute ago, NurseJEB said:

Because the powers that be disabled the messaging for some reason.

Cruise Critic hasn't had messaging since at least as long as I've been a member.  It's my understanding that some time in the past they did.

Cruise Critic policy seems to be that this is a community place, where all ideas/discussions are available to everyone.  No "behind the scenes" discussions.  So they opt out of messaging capability.  

From the Guidelines:  

Answer Posts on the Boards, Not Via Email!
Please try to answer message board posts on the boards instead of E-mail when appropriate. There is a lot of great information that we're all missing because it is passing through private E-mail. There are of course times when private E-mail is more appropriate but if you have information that would be helpful to many people, please try to come back to the boards and post it rather than replying to a posting through E-mail.

It hasn't been enabled as long as I've been a member, either.  I hope they never enable it, honestly, unless there was a way to block posters.  That would just give the moderators another place they have to monitor, too. 

8 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Cruise Critic hasn't had messaging since at least as long as I've been a member.  It's my understanding that some time in the past they did.

Cruise Critic policy seems to be that this is a community place, where all ideas/discussions are available to everyone.  No "behind the scenes" discussions.  So they opt out of messaging capability.  

From the Guidelines:  

Answer Posts on the Boards, Not Via Email!
Please try to answer message board posts on the boards instead of E-mail when appropriate. There is a lot of great information that we're all missing because it is passing through private E-mail. There are of course times when private E-mail is more appropriate but if you have information that would be helpful to many people, please try to come back to the boards and post it rather than replying to a posting through E-mail.

3 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

It hasn't been enabled as long as I've been a member, either.  I hope they never enable it, honestly, unless there was a way to block posters.  That would just give the moderators another place they have to monitor, too. 

I guess I can understand both sides of this issue.  For example, I asked for everyone's stateroom number as the M&G coordinator, and I had to publicly list my email so that people could email me.  But, if the messaging existed they could privately send me their stateroom number.  I guess no sense talking about it if it doesn't exist.