Got docs today - lots of things wrong!!

kathyjack

We received our documents today for our Jan. 21 cruise. There are lots of things wrong, hope they can be fixed in time. We have scheduled two shore excursions, NCL's paperwork only shows one. Luckily I had called NCL right after I made them and asked for an e-mail confirmation, so that may help. We are listed as Non Latitudes members - we are members, so that will need to be fixed. But, most importantly, they have our room number wrong. We had booked one room, but changed it 10 days ago, all paperwork and luggage tags show wrong room #. Hope there is enough time to get corrected paperwork. Have never had this problem with Norwegian before. I call NCL tonight, woman I spoke with was very unfriendly and said I'd need to talk to my TA. Of course she won't be in till morning, so I can fret about it all night! Ugh!

Log into NCL.com and check the section for "booked guests register here" and see if the cabin # is correct there. Who knows, maybe you've actually been upgraded (I know it's rare)

As for them telling you that you will need to check with your TA about some of the other stuff, that's SOP for Norwegian.

I hope it all works out.

-Monte

If you booked with your TA, the TA OWNS your booking and thusly NCL cannot make changes or adjustments to it. If you had booked through NCL, then you would own your booking and they could make changes/adjustments for you. It is standard for all cruiselines, not just NCL.

The shore excursions are easily taken care of once onboard or you can call the excursion phone number and get it taken care of. Your tickets will be waiting for you in your cabin.

The latitudes number can be fixed at check in or the pursers desk. Just bring your Latitudes card or the number off of the magazine.

As far as your room number, it sounds like your cruise docs was already prepared and then sent before the change came through. Dont panic, new docs are not necessary as the correct information will be available at checkin.

As far as luggage tags, see the purser at check-in. He will check his list, and issue you the correct tags. To speed things up, it helps to have adhesive address labels to stick on the new tags.

Dave

the luggage tags is not a big thing: I just did a cruise for clients that got upgraded after the docs came to me. I hope to get new ones prior to sailing but if not you can get them corrected at the docs. I do have one question: every TA works differently, but I am surprised the docs did not go directly to your TA. I always get the docs, check them out and then send them on or deliver them depending. That way I can catch these things before my clients have to start worrying. Why did they go to you instead of the TA? NMnita

On the Jewel, we had done an upsell and the new cabin # wasn't reflected on our luggage tags. I used the same tag & just Xed out the old number and wrote in the new one. Bags arrived just fine.

-Monte

We received our documents today for our Jan. 21 cruise. There are lots of things wrong, hope they can be fixed in time. We have scheduled two shore excursions, NCL's paperwork only shows one. Luckily I had called NCL right after I made them and asked for an e-mail confirmation, so that may help. We are listed as Non Latitudes members - we are members, so that will need to be fixed. But, most importantly, they have our room number wrong. We had booked one room, but changed it 10 days ago, all paperwork and luggage tags show wrong room #. Hope there is enough time to get corrected paperwork. Have never had this problem with Norwegian before. I call NCL tonight, woman I spoke with was very unfriendly and said I'd need to talk to my TA. Of course she won't be in till morning, so I can fret about it all night! Ugh!

Call you TA - you will not get new paper docs. Every upsell I have had the docs reflected the old cabin #. They may have been printed two weeks or more ago and just sent on by your TA. I got my docs for the 2/12 cruise mid December.

The likely reason you are not listed as Latitudes is your TA did not put you old number in the booking. That as stated can be fixed with a phone call or onboard.

A simple call can re-confirm your excursions.

Question:

In this day and age of receiving "e docs" I am a little confused about the luggage tags. The email I rec'd advised me that I would get tags at the pier in NYC. How does that work. I was wondering if they were pre-printed for you, but if you meet the porter on the street, how would he have them?? If you get them at check-in, well you only have your carry-ons.

I was also thinking that I should print out lables so that I can slap them on the tags when giving them to the porters. Is that the best option?

Anyone with experience with these "new fangled" e docs let me know what you experienced. Particularly in reference to NYC and the SPIRIT.

Thanks so much

~Intrepid

Question:I was also thinking that I should print out lables so that I can slap them on the tags when giving them to the porters. Is that the best option?

Thanks so much

~Intrepid

Just tell the porter that you need luggage tags.

You are correct, print out labels: Your name, Ship Name, Cabin No., & Fwd, Mid or Aft.

Labels will expedite the process.

Have a wonderful cruise:)

Our documents did come from our TA - in their envelope. Guess she didn't check them before sending them to us. I have a call into her this morning so hopefully she is on the phone with NCl now. Thanks for the suggestion about writing out labels, I'll do that this morning. I'm sure it will all work out, but disappointing when you get your docs and then see so many things wrong. Didn't feel like doing the doc dance!

Just tell the porter that you need luggage tags.

You are correct, print out labels: Your name, Ship Name, Cabin No., & Fwd, Mid or Aft.

Labels will expedite the process.

Have a wonderful cruise:)

Do not forget the sailing DATE

No Mid - the designation is for where bags are loaded for that cabin. That is only forward and aft. If you are not sure that is easy to add at the port.

So my Ta called back, said not to worry, that NCL has us booked in the right room but the paperwork was done before the change was made. I took your advice and crossed out number on tags and wrote in right one. I have an e-mail from NCL showing our two excursions, so hopefully that won't be a problem, I'll be sure to bring it with us. This may sound really dumb as we've cruised about 10 times, but I have never seen the stickers included with our docs. They show the room number and ask for name/address, etc. Some have DH's name and some have mine with date of cruise. They look like the ones that are put around your luggage handles at the airport. Is that what we do with these? Do they go on the handles? They have the sticky backs on them. I think we got about 8 of them! We also got the bright pink ones asking for room number, etc. that tie onto the luggage. Thanks for all your replies.

This may sound really dumb as we've cruised about 10 times, but I have never seen the stickers included with our docs. They show the room number and ask for name/address, etc. Some have DH's name and some have mine with date of cruise. They look like the ones that are put around your luggage handles at the airport. Is that what we do with these? Do they go on the handles? They have the sticky backs on them. I think we got about 8 of them! We also got the bright pink ones asking for room number, etc. that tie onto the luggage. Thanks for all your replies.

The sticky ones go on the handles, apply them after getting your luggage at the airport. Some airports will tear them off. I've never seen the bright pink ones that tie onto the luggage....

:)

Of all your concerns the one that would concern me most is the lattitudes number part since often when booking you get a better price if you are a lattitudes memeber and you may have missed out on that. You can just cross out the number on the tags you have and write in the new one or you can get them at the port from the porter and fill them in there with correct info

I got all my docs email and hence NO luggage tags, just get em when we get there. Perhaps the other shore excursion was already sold out.

The sticky things are for your luggage. Some will have names and they give you some blank extras with just aft/fwd and cabin number. Perhaps the pink things are from your TA. I know that we got some bright pink and orange luggage tags (not sticky ones) from our TA the last cruise we were on.

Archived