ESCAPE shower

worktocruise610

I'm staying in a studio cabin on Escape this November. Have been reading about the studio's & one thing mentioned was with showers being in the room there is a chance the steam could set off the smoke detector. Has anyone ever experienced this? Should I be worried / really careful taking a shower? I know this is a silly question, I'm a worrier, it won't ruin my cruise & I won't lose sleep over it, just want to be prepared. Thanks for all your help! I have found so much help on these boards and am really thankful to all you guys for the great posts and advice.

Cannot say I know about the Escape's Studios but I know my DS set of the alarm taking a steamy shower in 16100, the Spa stateroom that is actually set to occupy 4.   She left the bathroom door open.   We even had both sliders open at the time, but since we had to detectors in the cabin, it took awhile for security to figure out which one to have the bridge turn off.

So if possible, shut or curtain off your room where the detectors before your shower.   Be sure to keep a towel nearby in case Security needs to crash in looking for a fire.

The vent is in the ceiling of the shower. It would be almost impossible to set off the smoke detector by taking a shower. You would probably need to leave the water runnning at 100% hot for at leat 30 minutes before you would even have to think about the smoke detector. Since the showers are so small in the studios you are nto going to be in it long enough to generate that much steam.

I set off the smoke detector in a balcony stateroom on Jade.....  I had hung up my dress in the bathroom and turned the shower on hot for maybe 10 minutes to steam out the wrinkles.  Opened the bathroom door to turn off the shower, and BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP! 

Oops.....  

1 hour ago, lizp said:

I set off the smoke detector in a balcony stateroom on Jade.....  I had hung up my dress in the bathroom and turned the shower on hot for maybe 10 minutes to steam out the wrinkles.  Opened the bathroom door to turn off the shower, and BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP! 

Oops.....  

This is somewhat common on the Jewel class ships like Jade.  Not so much with the larger ships.  You'll be fine.