Pre booking Princess Excursions

lambs2

49 minutes ago, lambs2 said:

Search function is just not working properly here for me. Someone: please refresh my memory - if we pre-book excursions will our OBC be used? (Hoping it is, and not my registered credit card.)

Yes, but there is a catch. If you book an excursion on line any OBC that has been posted your account, as shown under Payments & Credits, will be used to pay for the excursion. Here is the catch. If you are a couple and one has lots of OBC and the other little to none the on line system does not let you combine the OBC's to pay for one excursion each. In this case you must call Princess and have them book the excursions for you.

The other catch is that some OBC is provided by T.A's and does not show on line in the Princess site. This type of OBC can not be used to pre book.

1 hour ago, Gladiatorkd said:

Your OBC will be applied to any charge that appears on your account until it is exhausted.  If you use your OBC for other items before your excursions are charged the excursions will of course be owing on your folio balance.

KD

lambs2 asked about using OBC to pre-book tours but your explanation is about how OBC is used during a cruise.  OBC is only usable precruise for tours & not for anything else.

i receive military OBC (thanks Princess! 😁) and we get shareholder OBC.  Despite requesting the SOBC in my wife’s account it goes to the first person listed on the reservation which is me.  A quick call to Booking Support transfers the SOBC to her so we have equal amounts of OBC to use.  That eliminates the need to call them to book tours & we can easily reserve tours through our Cruise Personalizer.

As posted not all types of OBC are available to use precruise including Loyalty OBC.  Some have seen the LOBC in their CP about 5 days before sailing but I think by then booking tours is not available.

2 hours ago, lambs2 said:

Search function is just not working properly here for me. Someone: please refresh my memory - if we pre-book excursions will our OBC be used? (Hoping it is, and not my registered credit card.)

It’s been my experience that when selecting a tour any available OBC automatically shows as payment.

Remember to complete the purchase because if not “paid” within 24 hours the reservation is cancelled.  Some have posted about a cancelled reservation which was due to not completing the purchase.

Since requiring tour prepayment I’ve seen them available much earlier than previously & recently used OBC to book a popular tour 392 days before sailing.

• Like 1