A few passport and flying into Canada questions

madre2

We will be sailing on the Bliss from Vancouver.  We will fly from the US and then disembark the ship in LAX.  We only need passports correct?  No driver's licenses needed anywhere?  I only ask this because my daughter in law has not changed her passport yet to her married name. Pretty sure she can travel in her maiden name as long as her passport name matches her cruise and airline tickets. Am I correct on that?  She has changed her driver's license name to her married name, but I don't  think she will need that for anything. 

If anyone can help me confirm this, I would greatly appreciate it. 

her maiden name as long as the passport name matches the ship documents. Am i correct on that? 

That's correct although a photo ID is sometimes required for re-entering the port area in port. Since the name on the DL won't match the name on the cabin key I'm not sure if that would cause a problem. Of course she could use her passport for that too.

We sailed the Bliss TA calling at Halifax before hitting New York. My daughter has not changed her passport either. She was booked on the cruise with her maiden name. As long as the passport matches the ships docs everything will be fine.

A passport will act as photo ID so no need for driving licences at all.

The only slight problem my daughter had was associating her credit card, in her married name, with her stateroom account. At the terminal they said they couldn't do it but eventually managed it.