first cruise- NCL Epic - Haven

noobiecruiser2018

Good afternoon,

My cruise is officially 42 days out and we are catching the ship out of port Canaveral. We received our luggage tags in the mail yesterday but, there was no other information but that. Id assume on disembarkation day, you place the tags on the bag?   If you are a haven member, i read on a blog that they usually send you a letter asking your liquor for your room preference, pillow preference and etc. We have yet to receive it, is it coming?   If you have any  tips for me regarding the ship, the haven, things to ask the  butler, or anything in general please share! I want to make this an amazing 10 days!  

I haven't been happy with the service from the pre-concierge (that's the info in the letter), the butler & concierge will meet you on the first day and ask if you have any requests. Let them know it is your first cruise. The liquor choices are only for the Deluxe owners suite (17004 & 17007 on the Epic)

If you have medical concerns that you need a special diet, or water for a CPAP machine etc. call 866-584-9756 or email accessdesk@ncl.com

Enjoy your vacation!

Our luggage tag mailer didn't include any disembarkation details but all of that was posted in one of the dailies left in the cabin prior to the end of the cruise.  I also received a separate correspondence from NCL welcoming me aboard and giving me info on who I could reach out to for certain things.  I have not yet stayed in the Owner's Suite or DOS, but i believe those are the only 2 categories that get a bar set up in advance of the sailing, so unless you're in that category, you won't get a precruise contact for that.  I hope you enjoy your Haven experience!

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Our luggage tag mailer didn't include any disembarkation details but all of that was posted in one of the dailies left in the cabin prior to the end of the cruise.  I also received a separate correspondence from NCL welcoming me aboard and giving me info on who I could reach out to for certain things.  I have not yet stayed in the Owner's Suite or DOS, but i believe those are the only 2 categories that get a bar set up in advance of the sailing, so unless you're in that category, you won't get a precruise contact for that.  I hope you enjoy your Haven experience!

Woops! sorry multi tasking here at work I meant "embarkation day"

2 hours ago, noobiecruiser2018 said:

Good afternoon,

My cruise is officially 42 days out and we are catching the ship out of port Canaveral. We received our luggage tags in the mail yesterday but, there was no other information but that. Id assume on embarkation day, you place the tags on the bag?   If you are a haven member, i read on a blog that they usually send you a letter asking your liquor for your room preference, pillow preference and etc. We have yet to receive it, is it coming?   If you have any  tips for me regarding the ship, the haven, things to ask the  butler, or anything in general please share! I want to make this an amazing 10 days!  

The luggage tags should be the ones you put on your luggage for getting on the ship, not getting off.  You'll get the ones for getting off in your cabin, usually the day before the end of your cruise.  We've always found a list of available liquor in our suite, asking us to pick three bottles.  I've never received an advanced email asking about anything.  We are usually in an owner's suite.

You just reminded me that I hadn't responded to the email I received from the NCL concierge desk with the suite selection information for my upcoming cruise on the Escape.  It came from Saowakon Gonzalez shortly after I booked the trip.  Do you think you got a similar email and it went to SPAM?

Happy cruising!