MSC Worst Possible Customer Service

hunkahunka

Several days ago I called MSC Customer Service to apply my Voyagers Club Number and have my 5% discount applied. This rep was polite, but quoted me a price higher than the balance I had. She couldn't explain why and asked me send her my invoice. I did, and never heard back from her. I just called again and was also quoted the higher price. This rep said that I booked a TBA on April 20, and didn't call with my information until May 14th when the price had gone up. This isn't true, I gave all my information when I booked on April 20th. She became rude and accused me of calling her system a liar!  She also asked me to send her the invoice, but got very angry when I need her to repeat her e-mail address.  She put me on hold, after a while I realized she had no intention of coming back. I still need to get this settled, guess I'll try again. 

• Like 1

I booked in April for a February cruise, final payment is due this week. Trying to make final payment now. The balance due is coming up higher than my invoice. I talked today with a rude rep who raised her voice to me, put me on hold and after 10 minutes disconnected. That's why.

Every time I read "a rude rep", I just cannot imagine it.  I have been speaking to reps for many years and on all of the major cruise lines.  I have never ONCE had an even remotely rude rep.  Many of them are being recorded and they know it.  Heck, I have accidentally disconnected people many times in my lifetime.  Who hasn't?  I really believe your post is quite exaggerated.  JMO

I have also never had a bad experience with the reps on the phone.

And it does sound like what another poster said could be the case, your port charges may have gone up and therefore your final payment would be higher. This is in the t&cs that they will pass this charge along if that is the case.