Millennium Ocean View cabins

Sunny AZ Girl

We are hoping to book the B2B Transpacific/Japan on the Millie in the fall of 2020 once the itineraries are released.  We have never sailed Celebrity before and so we really don't know the ships.  We would probably book an ocean view.  After doing a search I only came up with older threads that stated that the cabins in category 6 on Deck 3 are great with larger windows, and also that the forward facing cabins on Deck 7 are really large with big windows.  While I am confident that the ship layout hasn't changed much if any in the past few years I am wondering if there is any new information that may be helpful regarding this cabin choice?  

My concern with the Deck 3 cabins is if there is noise from the lounge areas above at night?  Also, there is a blank area above the Deck 7 cabins on the Deck Plans.  Is there noise from that area?  (We were directly above the crew gym, which was a blank area on the Brilliance of the Seas and there was loud music and slamming doors at night).  

Thank you for your help!

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

The rear cabins on 3 still get rave reviews.  Before I knew that little secret, we booked a bit forward of center on 3.  There was no noise from above, but quite a bit of noise from other cruisers letting their doors slam.  The fact that there were a lot of inside cabins across from us added to that problem.  The rooms aft of the center don't have anything across from them so that would not be an issue.  I like balconies so much better but if I had to pick ocean view, I would definitely pick deck 3, aft of center.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the above very helpful posts.  So, it seems as if my fears are unfounded.  Now to wait and see if these cruises will actually be released soon, if they are still affordable and then to decide on Decks 7 all the way forward or Deck 3 forward of the front elevators.

Next question about the Deck 7 cabins - It looks as if 7000 & 7001 are smaller than 7002 & 7003.  Is that true, and is the configuration very odd in those two side cabins?  Also, is the bed in front of the window so as to obstruct the view?  

Thank you again, in advance.🤗

The OV rooms forward are our favorite OV cabins!  We’ve been in all 4 of them on various trips. None of them have beds blocking the view.  The two at the center, 7000 & 7001 are very large and rectangular, while the next ones are very long with lots of space.

The biggest draw back to them is you cannot go from one side of the ship to the other through that hallway; only for crew.  And being so far forward you do walk a long way to get to anything on the ship. FYI you do have to keep your curtains closed at night to help the bridge, just above, keep their night vision. We never had a problem with this.  

I would book book these OV again in a minute.

• Like 2

Sailed my first time in September on the Infinity (sister ship to Millennium).  We were in stateroom 3132.  We found the location very quiet and in a good location to things we wanted to do.

We booked Alaska for next year on Millennium and will be one floor lower since there are 3 of us this time.