Captain's Club discounts on specialty dining and beverage packages

workingtocruise-59

We already have the classic drinks package (as a perk) so if we were to upgrade to select would we receive the discount for Elite + on the upgrade price?

If we manage to dine in one of the specialties at a discount price would the CC discount be applied?

This will be our first X cruise as Elite + so we're really not sure about the benefits..

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by workingtocruise-59
typo

Based on my experience:

1.  You do not receive the Elite plus discount on the upgrade from the Classic Drink “perk” and the Premium drink package.  

2.  You do not receive the additional discount when paying a reduced discount Speciality Restaurant fee.

8 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Based on my experience:

1.  You do not receive the Elite plus discount on the upgrade from the Classic Drink “perk” and the Premium drink package.  

2.  You do not receive the additional discount when paying a reduced discount Speciality Restaurant fee.

Many thanks for the reply.

I wasn't sure but thought it unlikely that the extra discount would be applied.

There really is no consistency...

i have upgraded from classic to premium package and received the elite+ discount on the upgrade. Do not upgrade before your cruise...do the upgrade at a bar on the ship when you get on board.

i have never received the elite+ discount at a specialty restaurant unless I have paid full price....your best bet is to negotiate a price when you get on board..,eg..murano for $35 a person, etc.  the discount does not apply in sushi on 5 or the porch which charge based on what you order.

58 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

There really is no consistency...

i have upgraded from classic to premium package and received the elite+ discount on the upgrade. Do not upgrade before your cruise...do the upgrade at a bar on the ship when you get on board.

i have never received the elite+ discount at a specialty restaurant unless I have paid full price....your best bet is to negotiate a price when you get on board..,eg..murano for $35 a person, etc.  the discount does not apply in sushi on 5 or the porch which charge based on what you order.

Thank you.

A discount on the beverage upgrade would be a bonus. Other than that and the increased internet minutes I cannot see any advantages on board.