Increase in Specialty Restaurant Package Prices

NantahalaCruiser

8 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Good, let them beg! I hope nobody books at their new ridiculous pricing. Those who do are simply suckers..... Teach them a lesson that their empty specialty restaurants are a result of their own greed. Remember, you pay for your MDR meals in your cruise price PLUS the cost of the specialty dining prices which means not a  good deal by any means. 

We had a close to 10-rating on our Murano visit a couple of weeks ago, but STILL I would not pay the full price in any case. We did the 30 dollar first night visit which is basically the deal-breaker amount for me. And yes, they were trying to get people to book both the dining package and one time visitors every day. I'm guessing you could easily have negotiated a similar deal later on in the cruise.

We have typically done 3-4 specialty restaurants per cruise but most likely won't do any on an upcoming 9-day Silhouette cruise.  Pricing is an issue but just really not worth the cost and the MDR food has always been good.  Would go back to Qsine but...oh well that won't happen.

I think they push the prices partially due to so many people having a decent amount of OBC to spend. Or they could take Royal's lead and use fluid pricing on everthing. We typically book a 3 night package but this time around we will wait until we get on board to see what is offered. We've had issues with getting decent reservation times with a pre-purchased package in the past too, only to get to the restaurants and find they are no where near full. 

Seems we are in the minority. We love Murano and will probably eat there three or four times next September. For us a lovely meal in an upscale environment with great staff taking up a good two hours or more makes our holiday. In our view the whole MDR experience has really dropped over the years with tables too close together, flustered wait staff and very average food. Murano takes us back to how it used to be 25 or so years ago. We pay a lot for our holiday and factor in another £400 or so for the speciality restaurants and are happy to do that, the alternative would be to pay a lot more for a more upscale cruise line to gain a better food experience. The MDR seems to be more than acceptable to most which is great, it’s all about what makes people happy. Murano makes us very happy, overpriced or not and we  would rather do that than pay for many of the over priced Celebrity excursions as the islands are not the reason we cruise now but the ship.

Edited by yorky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1