Bar drink price increase and Classic Beverage Package

schiff1997

3 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Same here!  The ongoing issue is the Black Card complimentary meal for 2 and the fact that only 1 member gets the benefit if 2 BC members are in the same cabin on some ships, yet they get the benefit each on others.

I remember being peeved at the time of Seaside's launch when Venchi items were included for YC and deluxe package holders when items from the Jean Philippe venue on Meraviglia weren't.  It felt like MSC was pandering to the US market (again - as they certainly got a more extensive range of drinks on the Deluxe package and some better MDR menus, too).  The exclusion of Venchi now is just bringing it into line with the policy re franchises on other ships.

In fact, the new drinks packages at least levels everything out, now.  It was a real headache on here, sometimes, trying to explain the different packages because it depended on the region the ships were sailing, which ones applied. 

The old Drink packages have been booked by some into 2020, even our last one is Xmas 2019 so it will be quite some time before the old ones have gone because there will be many sailings still that are quite full of people with the old packages.

5 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Same here!  The ongoing issue is the Black Card complimentary meal for 2 and the fact that only 1 member gets the benefit if 2 BC members are in the same cabin on some ships, yet they get the benefit each on others.

I remember being peeved at the time of Seaside's launch when Venchi items were included for YC and deluxe package holders when items from the Jean Philippe venue on Meraviglia weren't.  It felt like MSC was pandering to the US market (again - as they certainly got a more extensive range of drinks on the Deluxe package and some better MDR menus, too).  The exclusion of Venchi now is just bringing it into line with the policy re franchises on other ships.

In fact, the new drinks packages at least levels everything out, now.  It was a real headache on here, sometimes, trying to explain the different packages because it depended on the region the ships were sailing, which ones applied. 

Agree on the compexity of the packages, if you booked on the UK site for a carribean trip the all inclusive package never showed any price limit. this was as far as I know because the menus had asterisks on the drinks you couldn't get with the all inclusive

20 hours ago, Beamafar said:

So once sailings with the 'old' deluxe package complete & run out Venchi has gone within any package????

What about speciality coffee's????

This is the bit I missed, read in a thread & concerned me!

• 1 month later...