Jump to content
FrankNBrew

Grabbing an Uber when we dock in Galveston

Recommended Posts

Has anybody experienced difficulty hiring an Uber upon exiting the ship on a Sunday? We're considering taking an Uber to Texas City and picking up a rental so we can make some stops on the ride to IAH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FrankNBrew said:

Has anybody experienced difficulty hiring an Uber upon exiting the ship on a Sunday? We're considering taking an Uber to Texas City and picking up a rental so we can make some stops on the ride to IAH.

 

Sign up for app and apply for ride . Uber is available and can be supply and demand situation. Walk off with bags on self assist program. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a long line when we got off last weekend for the ride share.  We just needed to get back to our pre-cruise hotel so we grabbed a cab.  It was actually cheaper than our Lyft ride to the pier where we got stuck in traffic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When getting off Liberty of the Seas in April of this year, we were able to get a ride to the airport in about 10 minutes using the Uber app.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2018 at 7:27 PM, arlodog said:

There was a long line when we got off last weekend for the ride share.  We just needed to get back to our pre-cruise hotel so we grabbed a cab.  It was actually cheaper than our Lyft ride to the pier where we got stuck in traffic!

Actually useful information, thanks for posting your experience. 

I have found long waits and trouble accessing uber app at some airports (much like at a concert where the internet is overwhelmed by so many users

 

On 12/6/2018 at 12:35 PM, timxrx said:

When getting off Liberty of the Seas in April of this year, we were able to get a ride to the airport in about 10 minutes using the Uber app.

How much was your ride and to which airport? 

did you notice if there was surge pricing in effect?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cruisegus said:

How much was your ride and to which airport? 

did you notice if there was surge pricing in effect?

We had 4 adults with luggage heading from the port to Hobby airport so we used an UberXL and the total bill was $102 including tip. No surge pricing in effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, timxrx said:

We had 4 adults with luggage heading from the port to Hobby airport so we used an UberXL and the total bill was $102 including tip. No surge pricing in effect.

Thanks for the response.  Enjoy your upcoming Vision cruise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, timxrx said:

We had 4 adults with luggage heading from the port to Hobby airport so we used an UberXL and the total bill was $102 including tip. No surge pricing in effect.

Good response and seems very reasonable . 

We live in Galveston and donot use shuttles or transfers generally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×