Carnival vs NCL vs RCCL

Fincherson

3 hours ago, Fincherson said:

I didn't see it coming but after days of straight research we ended up booking Vista. I wanted Magic but it wasn't panning out date wise. I hope we enjoy it as we're very positive and open minded. Still a bit uneasy about the negative reviews but I needed to decide so I could stop obsessing. 😅

Thanks again!! 

Sounds like a good choice!  I would take Vista over Breakaway, too 🙂 

I think you'll find the negative reviews are from experienced cruisers who nitpick.  Which is expected on a forum like this and not necessarily a bad thing, but for first time cruisers like your kids are, they'll be blown away with Vista.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BNBR said:

Sounds like a good choice!  I would take Vista over Breakaway, too 🙂 

I think you'll find the negative reviews are from experienced cruisers who nitpick.  Which is expected on a forum like this and not necessarily a bad thing, but for first time cruisers like your kids are, they'll be blown away with Vista.

I totally agree with you.  I am one of those and  yes I will nitpick on some minor thing that i noticed and i did pick on Vista about the feeling of things being crammed in but if the wife said hey lets go on the Vista next month I am packing for the cruise cause it is still a good ship.  There isnt a single Carnival ship i will not board with a grin.  I just like some better than others and it is all just personal preference.  There is a lot of good about the Vista also.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Will you kids go to the kids club?  I think I would ask what others have said about the activities and times they are available.  We were on the RCCL Oasis and the kids club had very short times and pick up was at 10 but they could stay later if you paid for it.  We did a Disney cruise and that kids club was open all day and pretty late when we went.  I haven't looked at the times recently.  I have never sailed NCL or Carnival (with kids since 1998) so I can't comment on them.