FLL hotel

cruise fairy

"Now I'm not so sure how glad I should be, but I don't know that we have any other choice."

Sunny...you might try the Sleep Inn in Dania, FL. As I mentioned in a previous post, this hotel is just fine for an overnight stay. It is clean and comfortable and close to the airport and the port with free shuttle.

At least look up the rate and then see what restaurants, shopping are nearby. I know of a Walgreens directly across the street.

Here is their link: http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfoGeneral?hotel=FL664&sid=s0Gpi.eVeOigUEc.6&sarea=85281&sname=Fort+Lauderdale&sstate=FL&scountry=US&sradius=40.22&slat=26.1220&slon=-80.1435&schain=Z&scity=Fort+Lauderdale&sort=&nadult=1&nchild=0

Good Luck!

Hi to all;

Trent is right on target. We have stayed at Amerisuites each year for the last 3 years, and we are booked this Jan. 27. for our Sea Princess Jan. 28th departure. We drive to Florida so the free parking is a big issue with us. It is a BUDGET hotel, we have always found the rooms clean, but somewhat tired, not a problem with a precruise overnight stay. Booked through Value trips, at $99 plus tax, it is hard to beat in the FLL area this time of year. Considering the cost of parking for a 10 or 14 day cruise, you are staying for free!

We usually park right in front where there is a lot of traffic and we have never had a problem with security. Besides, I pay State Farm Insurance a lot of money to worry about those sort of things.

Because of the high turnover rate, the staff is sometimes harried, but it is understandable if you listen to some of the demands made by some folks. We have always been patient and polite and the staff has responded likewise. If you are demanding 5 star service at a 2 star hotel, YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED!

Fair winds

Dave

Does anyhone know anything about the Best Western Marina on 17th St. We booked there just for the one night prior to the cruise. We are not picky but hope it is at least clean. They have free shuttle from the airport and free shuttle to the port which is supposed to be right across the street.

Thanks for the help.

Does anyhone know anything about the Best Western Marina on 17th St. We booked there just for the one night prior to the cruise. We are not picky but hope it is at least clean. They have free shuttle from the airport and free shuttle to the port which is supposed to be right across the street.

Thanks for the help.

RUN AND RUN AWAY FAST!!! :eek:

That's one of the biggest DUMPS in Fort Lauderdale!!! It's NOT clean, it's dirty, and very run down... Do some research on here and elsewhere, it's HORRIBLE!!! One gentleman even slept in his car because his room was so dirty and he couldn't stand the smell.

And always remember... SHUTTLES ARE NEVER EVER A REASON TO BOOK A HOTEL!!! They're almost always far more trouble than they're worth, and the hotels down here that have them do so because they have NOTHING else going for them.

Archived