Alaska cruise - Seattle

KrazyKat24

2 hours ago, JasmineB said:

I "think" as Princess Elite, I can be first off the ship if I choose.  And while it's been a few years since I've cruised, last time I did, if I kept and carried my own luggage, I could walk off the ship without having to find my luggage in the warehouse.  I'd think I could catch a taxi more quickly than waiting for the Princess shuttle to fill.  Do you think these assumptions are correct?  My flight is 12:05 on a Sunday morning in June.

JasmineB, I wasn’t addressing you.  I was addressing KarzyKat24’s original post and giving her my suggestions.  She is not an Elite cruiser and does not get the benefits you get.  

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Has anyone used Uber from the ship to SEA?  Were they able to come into the port area?

Yes, there is an Uber pickup location just beyond the large gray building at the extreme top left of the photo below. You can either walk up there or catch a shuttle bus that comes to Slot A or Slot B which is just to the left of the large light pole that is at the extreme right side of the photo.

Tom

Pier91GroundTransportationLot.jpg

Edited by Pierlesscruisers
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, OR_Cowboy_1952 said:

JasmineB, I wasn’t addressing you.  I was addressing KarzyKat24’s original post and giving her my suggestions.  She is not an Elite cruiser and does not get the benefits you get.  

Yes, thanks, I saw that, I was just following up on that one part of your response to get more info that would help me figure out the best plan for me.  Thank you.  I'm always nervous about making a flight but unfortunately that's the last flight I can take that isn't a red eye, I think.  I arrive home at midnight as it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

Yes, there is an Uber pickup location just beyond the large gray building at the extreme top left of the photo below. You can either walk up there or catch a shuttle bus that comes to Slot A or Slot B which is just to the left of the large light pole that is at the extreme right side of the photo.

Tom

Pier91GroundTransportationLot.jpg

Thank you!  Very helpful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, labcoat99 said:

We did a Princess Alaska Cruise from Seattle this past September. We used the free Port Valet service to SEATAC. Loved it! Our American Airlines flight left for the east coast at 11:50 am. We met up with our luggage at our final destination. Got off the ship around 8am. Took a cab from the pier to the airport. The ride was about 45 minutes with very little traffic until we got close to the airport. We did have TSA PreCheck but would have been ok without it. The regular security lines at SEATAC can be very long. Consider looking into getting TSA PreCheck if you’re concerned about cutting it close. 

Have fun, Seattle is a great city and we really enjoyed our cruise. 

May I ask what day of the week your cruise return was? weekday or weekend?

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:40 AM, TheRabbit said:

Have you looked at Ezair from princess. Booking that way takes all the stress off as Princess is on the hook to get you to your flight on time. Every once in a while there has been an immigration snafu that has delayed disembarkation by hours. EZair's rates are also pretty good. The only way I can beat them is using miles.

We left Seattle on a 1:30  flight with no trouble.  Recommend using EZ air just in case there is a problem.

7 hours ago, JasmineB said:

Yes, thanks, I saw that, I was just following up on that one part of your response to get more info that would help me figure out the best plan for me.  Thank you.  I'm always nervous about making a flight but unfortunately that's the last flight I can take that isn't a red eye, I think.  I arrive home at midnight as it is.

Thanks for your note back JasmineB.  I understand your situation flying to the east.  That’s always a complication of flying from out here and not starting very early in the AM.  If you can get off the ship early and you have your luggage you should have no problem getting to SEATAC by about 10AM.  You might consider UBER as the app allows you to order your ride while you are disembarking and you’ll get feedback on their whereabouts.