Platinum Benefits

What level in the Princess loyalty program are you trying to compare to Royal platinum?  Princess Ruby (31 nights) is earned at roughly the same point as Royal Platinum (30 nights). 

What are the Ruby benefits for internet on Princess? 

When I first sailed Carnival they only had minute plans so I remember those plans well.  So many times I know I disconnected my session but all my minutes were consumed and I had to go plead my case with guest services.  

Royal Platinum is the 2nd level of the loyalty program, much like Ruby is for Princess.  Royal Diamond and Diamond Plus levels map more closely to Princess Platinum and Elite.  Consequently you won't get Princess Platinum type benefits at Royal's Platinum level.  They may be the same name but occur at different levels in each loyalty program.   

Bottom line - at the 2nd level of the loyalty program you will get a small discount on the onboard internet plans but due to frequent sales that occur before cruising you will find it cheaper to buy an internet plan before sailing if you need internet every day.  

11 hours ago, knutsonl said:

I’m not sure what the ruby benefits are on Princess. I’m Platinum and getting close to being Elite. I get enough free minutes to last me the entire week on a 7 day. 

Princess is more generous than Royal with free  internet time but keep in mind that although the name may be the same, Platnium tier on Princess is not equivilent tier to Platinum on Royal Caribbean. It takes a different number of pionts or cruises on each line. 

Edited by Charles4515