Sky Dry Dock - Early 2019

Alegeeter

On 1/31/2019 at 10:54 AM, ev98 said:

OK, didn't take that long to do the rest. Here are the other deck differences where changes have been made:

@ev98 Thank you for doing the deck by deck comparisons! I’ll be on the Sky in May so I’m very interested in seeing what’s changing. Thanks again!

Tomorrow (February 7) is supposed to be the last day for the Sky's dry dock before it returns to Miami on the 8th. I have found some pictures on Instagram of the ship during the refurbishment as well. These were all earlier in the month so I'm not sure if the Hawaiian flowers have stayed. 

• Like 1

NCL's deck plans site now has updated venue descriptions to go along with the actual plans themselves. You will need to pick a deck from the dropdown menu, then expand each venue's title. Here are the ones that I noticed changed.

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruise-ship/sky/deck-plans

Deck 6

SKY.BAR.Sugarcane Mojito Bar

Freshly muddled just the way you like, enjoy a refreshing mojito with friends – day or night.

SKY.BAR.Bliss Ultra Lounge

The electrifying aura of this hip, high-energy ultra lounge literally surrounds you. High-voltage tunes make everyone want to get their groove on and custom loungers are the perfect spot to cap off the evening with a cocktail.

SKY.ACTIVITY.Conference Rooms

Norwegian Sky's meeting room area offers all the amenities of a world-class boardroom including a stunning view in a professional setting. Our three individual conference rooms can also be combined into one large room.

Deck 7

Note: They still list the Internet Cafe on deck 7 despite the images of the deck plans showing it in Deck 6.

SKY_SPECIALTYDINING.Starbucks

Grab a Teavana® Shaken Iced Green Tea Lemonade to sip while lounging on a pristine Caribbean beach. Or recount the day's excitement with your friends over Chai Lattes and a scone. Come on by Starbucks® to make your vacation even sweeter.

Cuisine Price per Person
Coffee À la carte

Deck 11

SKY.BAR.Spinnaker Lounge

At night, the atmosphere at the Spinnaker Lounge is charged when the music comes up and the stage becomes a dance floor.

SKY.ACTIVITY.Pulse Fitness Center

Get your heart rate up using state-of-the-art machines while enjoying a view through floor-to-ceiling windows. In addition, you can participate in aerobics, spinning and exercise classes.

DINING_SKY.Topsiders Bar and Grill

Enjoy casual dining to suit every taste. From grilled burgers to hot dogs, come as you are and eat as you like after a night out or before your day begins.

DINING_SKY.La Cucina

Buona Sera! Enjoy the finest ingredients at our vibrant Italian ristorante. Dine on classics like Spaghetti Carbonara or Veal Marsala. Then indulge with a Tiramisú. Your good evening just got better!

Cuisine Price per Person
Italian

Á la carte

DINING_SKY.The Local

The Local offers classic pub fare in a relaxed atmosphere. With popular dishes like the Reuben Sandwich and Fish n' Chips, The Local has all your favorite comfort foods. So try one of our many beers on tap and catch a game with us!De

Deck 12

DINING_SKY.Sushi Bar

Get comfortable and take in the views as you order a round of Japanese beer. Or stop by the bar after your day ashore and share a Shojin Vegetable Roll from the delicious sushi menu.

Cuisine Price per Person
Sushi À la carte

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hokiedawg said:

Anyone know if the cabins were updated during dry dock?

We just got to our stateroom. No update to furniture or carpets, but to my extreme excitement, there are USB charging ports added to the reading lights above the bed! The tv appears new as well, as there is a plastic wrapper (but no remote as yet)...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One more of the Bliss Ultra Lounge entrance. Most of these photos in this post by @lizabethfoxx are identical to the others already posted by @chriscaulfieldcruiseone, just with a desaturated filter. Not sure if the original source is NCL PR material, but I hadn't yet seen this one. Screenshot because it seems to be impossible to embed just the one photo directly.

ncl_sky_bliss_2019.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...