Conflicting info re: dining reservations on NCL Bliss

JosieH

Hello fellow cruisers.  I keep finding conflicting information regarding upcoming cruise in April.  I was told that I could start booking dining reservations 130 days out as I booked a Haven suite, which was 2 days ago.  Called the concierge # twice today and they both told me different things.  I'm just wondering if this is common?  One told me to keep checking my account regularly to see if online system will book, 2nd one told me to wait until Feb 1 to book.  When i log onto my account, looks like I am able to book a dinner for the very first night Apr. 14 and only that night.  Disclaimer:  I'm not complaining, I am just looking to see if anyone else has similar issues.  Thanks is advance for any insight!

Josie,

I don't know specific rules regarding advance booking of specialty restaurants. If you are not able to make reservations on the NCL website then no one is able to book.  Just keep checking.   

Regardless, I would not worry about it too much.    My experience with the Haven is that your concierge can get you reservations in the specialty restaurants when you are on the ship even when the restaurant is fully booked.  

The whole point of getting a Haven cabin is to relax.  Enjoy the perks you get.  They will take care of you.  

Eric

• Like 1

Online reservations can be a little wonky. Sometimes days aren't available. 

You are correct -- it is 130 days out for suites. If you can't make your reservations online, call the pre-cruise concierge and get them to make them for you. Make sure you get the name of the person helping you. The last time I spoke with someone there they were completely unhelpful (and giving me information I knew was wrong) and I wished I had written down their name. 

If you are making reservations for an odd number of people (three, for instance), it is often easier to make reservations for four people and then just change things on board. You will have more time options available to you for four people. 

• Like 2

Josie, it seems like the left hand doesn't always know what the right hand knows.  I just checked into the Haven on the Breakaway and the concierge said you could have made your reservations 90 prior to your cruise.

Edited by NLH Arizona
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ciref said:

Josie,

I don't know specific rules regarding advance booking of specialty restaurants. If you are not able to make reservations on the NCL website then no one is able to book.  Just keep checking.   

Regardless, I would not worry about it too much.    My experience with the Haven is that your concierge can get you reservations in the specialty restaurants when you are on the ship even when the restaurant is fully booked.  

The whole point of getting a Haven cabin is to relax.  Enjoy the perks you get.  They will take care of you.  

Eric

1 hour ago, NLH Arizona said:

Josie, it seems like the left hand doesn't always know what the right hand knows.  I just checked into the Haven on the Breakaway and the concierge said you could have made your reservations 90 prior to your cruise.

So true, just seems its all about who answers on the other line and knows the deal !

Edited by JosieH

2 hours ago, brookie848 said:

Online reservations can be a little wonky. Sometimes days aren't available. 

You are correct -- it is 130 days out for suites. If you can't make your reservations online, call the pre-cruise concierge and get them to make them for you. Make sure you get the name of the person helping you. The last time I spoke with someone there they were completely unhelpful (and giving me information I knew was wrong) and I wished I had written down their name. 

If you are making reservations for an odd number of people (three, for instance), it is often easier to make reservations for four people and then just change things on board. You will have more time options available to you for four people. 

Thank you!!

We had issues last week trying to book our spec. reservations for the Bliss Panama Canal, 3/30/19.  Give it a few days and hopefully they will get this fixed.  It affected Haven resies at 130 days and reg ones at 120.  I'm not sure who is doing the programming for anything Bliss related, but, they definitely need to up their game a bit.

Edited by tarps14
  • Like 1