Formal Nights on the Regal

molme

We are sailing on the Feb 10th sailing of the Regal going to Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.  Trying to figure out when to book the Crown grill.  I know that usually formal nights are  sea days, but our last sea day is the last day of the cruise and they don't usually have formal night on the last night on board.  Hope some one that has done this sailing can let me know.

Thanks

They do not have formal nights on the last night because pax have to have their luggage outside of the cabin to be picked up during dinner time.  Look at your itinerary and look for a port call that is towards the end of the cruise where the ship leaves port early and that will be the formal night.  When you board the ship a Pater will be waiting on your cabin desk and it will list the formal nights.  Alternative is to go to the specialty restaurant soon after boarding and they will know when formal nights are and you can then make a reservation.   Even though the lights will be out in the restaurant there usually is someone there you can talk to about reservations.   This is one of my most important tasks once we board the ship. 

7 hours ago, molme said:

We are sailing on the Feb 10th sailing of the Regal going to Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.  Trying to figure out when to book the Crown grill.  I know that usually formal nights are  sea days, but our last sea day is the last day of the cruise and they don't usually have formal night on the last night on board.  Hope some one that has done this sailing can let me know.

Thanks

Just remember that if you book a Specialty restaurant on a formal night you'll be missing on one of the better meals they serve in the DR. 

IMO, there are other nights when they have less appealing meals that I don't mind missing. 

Doing that itinerary now. 1st formal was 1st sea day, so the day after Princess Cays. 2nd was the day we left GC, so last night. Currently en route to Coz.

Smart Cas, Smart.Cas,.Formal, Smart Cas, Formal, Smart Cas, Smart Cas....

Edited by megr1125

1 hour ago, megr1125 said:

Doing that itinerary now. 1st formal was 1st sea day, so the day after Princess Cays. 2nd was the day we left GC, so last night. Currently en route to Coz.

Smart Cas, Smart.Cas,.Formal, Smart Cas, Formal, Smart Cas, Smart Cas....

Thanks for this information - doing this itinerary in February. If you have a chance please do check back in and let us know how everything is. Enjoy the rest of your cruise!