Move over offer on my move over cruise

I have just received an email move over offer for Majestic Princess sailing 12 January 2019 to NZ; but this is the cruise I moved over to after accepting a previous offer! So that’s a ‘no’ from me this time.

Hopefully another lucky CCer will get this offer and be able to accept. Check your emails!

1 hour ago, Calabazar said:

I have just received an email move over offer for Majestic Princess sailing 12 January 2019 to NZ; but this is the cruise I moved over to after accepting a previous offer! So that’s a ‘no’ from me this time.

Hopefully another lucky CCer will get this offer and be able to accept. Check your emails!

I got a move over offer for the Golden Princess sailing 10 January 2019 to NZ, but our adult kids are in an inside cabin and they're not offering it to those cabins as yet.

2 hours ago, Calabazar said:

Wow, I would also do that on the one (2020) we moved to as we have family travelling with us now, unless they offer it to all of us.

We got offer to on Category D4.

* 100% of your cruise fare back as refundable onboard credit
* Free Princess cruise up to 13 nights
* Complimentary upgrade pending availability

I am tempted but we are cruising with other people. We have three cabins next to each across the back of the ship.

Do these offers increase in value of they are not taken up? 

1 hour ago, GreenTreeFrog said:

I am tempted but we are cruising with other people. We have three cabins next to each across the back of the ship.

Yes. But of course if they are taken up the offer is gone. You never know what will happen.

On 12/18/2018 at 8:59 PM, GreenTreeFrog said:

Yes,  we had one a couple of years ago. Every coupe of days the offer would get better. We were travelling with a group otherwise it was a no brainer to accept. 

Still just over 2 weeks to go and got another offer, so it looks like they didn’t get enough takers after all!

Today’s offer is to move from our balcony to an inside for a full refund as OBC and dinner in a specialty restaurant.

Again, as we are already on a free move over cruise from a previous offer there is no benefit to us taking this offer. 

1 hour ago, Calabazar said:

Still just over 2 weeks to go and got another offer, so it looks like they didn’t get enough takers after all!

Today’s offer is to move from our balcony to an inside for a full refund as OBC and dinner in a specialty restaurant.

Again, as we are already on a free move over cruise from a previous offer there is no benefit to us taking this offer. 

Was that refundable OBC ? Like I mean if you did not spend it all it would be transferred to your credit card on disembarkation? 

Yes, refundable OBC. But as I am already on a free cruise this offer is no good to me. 

The first offer on this sailing was to get people off the ship; this second offer is for people who still want to sail but don’t mind having a free cruise in an inside cabin. 

10 hours ago, GreenTreeFrog said:

Yes we got same offer, move to inside cabin with 100% fare as OBC. 

Can't cruise without a balcony!  

Mind if I ask what category your balcony is? We got the same offer on our balcony category BD. We are of the same view as you—gotta love that balcony! 😆

On 12/27/2018 at 12:55 PM, Calabazar said:

On 12/28/2018 at 1:21 AM, rosegirl93 said:

Mind if I ask what category your balcony is? We got the same offer on our balcony category BD. We are of the same view as you—gotta love that balcony! 😆

We are D4.

On 12/27/2018 at 2:26 PM, NSWP said:

Was that refundable OBC ? Like I mean if you did not spend it all it would be transferred to your credit card on disembarkation? 

Les we accepted a move over offer on the NYE cruise out of Brisbane and yes its refundable OBC but not sure if you receive a cheque in the mail or goes back to your credit card 

28 minutes ago, rkmw said:

Les we accepted a move over offer on the NYE cruise out of Brisbane and yes its refundable OBC but not sure if you receive a cheque in the mail or goes back to your credit card 

Whatever you don’t spend onboard is refunded by a cheque in the mail 2-3 weeks after you disembark. 

We've been offered move over deals for our Jan 9 Sun Princess Cruise to NZ 5 times now! 4 emails since Dec and received a text this morning. They must have really overbooked! We can't accept as we have to go in the school holidays and there's no other cruise available for another year. Interesting too, that taxes and port fees are not refunded, that's more than $1000 for our booking. 

Edited by TotoroCruising
Additional information

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:21 AM, TotoroCruising said:

We've been offered move over deals for our Jan 9 Sun Princess Cruise to NZ 5 times now! 4 emails since Dec and received a text this morning. They must have really overbooked! We can't accept as we have to go in the school holidays and there's no other cruise available for another year. Interesting too, that taxes and port fees are not refunded, that's more than $1000 for our booking. 

Only accept if the offer suits you, they must be getting desperate.

46 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

It can take up to 6 weeks though mostly paid earlier than that.

Absolutely Mic, we are at the mercy of the cheque signer and Australia Post! I was just relating my personal experience and I received my cheque 2 1/2 weeks after the end of my cruise.