Koningsdam De Librije?

OmarOak

• 4 weeks later...

We did the De Librijie Dinner on Koningsdam during our 1/4 - 1/13 cruise and thought it was absolutely phenomenal. Extraordinary complex food preperations executed flawlessly - this far exceeded our expectations. 

The evening was well worth it.

• Like 1

We tried De Libijie on the KD in September.  My friend and I are both foodies but in our opinion just a very strange meal.  We had the "oysters" whose shells were made of fois gras.  One of the most bizarre meals I have ever had.  The old Le Cirque was a much better value.   We did enjoy the Sel de Mer Cafe which might be a nice option instead of the Pinnacle.  

12 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

We tried De Libijie on the KD in September.  My friend and I are both foodies but in our opinion just a very strange meal.  We had the "oysters" whose shells were made of fois gras.  One of the most bizarre meals I have ever had.  The old Le Cirque was a much better value.   We did enjoy the Sel de Mer Cafe which might be a nice option instead of the Pinnacle.  

I come at it from the POV of being a partner in multiple restaurants that are known for doing similarly offbeat/innovative preparations (Foie Gras Veal Marsala, for example) and really enjoyed the Oyster/Foie dish. 

I ate at the original De Libijie in Holland a few years ago and thought it was marvelous and was surprised that they would lend their brand name to a venture they didn't directly oversee.

I was impressed that the kitchen could pull off something that innovative and true to the original restaurant on ship.

I also enjoyed both Pinnacle and Sel de Mer. Both were solid.

• Like 2