Book now or onboard in March

Tinytinkmom

My husband and I are taking our first Holland cruise at the beginning of March - we’re on the Nieuw Statendam, and are super excited about it!  We are already planning Holland cruise #2 - a 12-night Med on the Nieuw Amsterdam in July 2020 with our two girls.  Not being familiar with Holland, I’m wondering if we should book the Med cruise now, or if we should wait and book onboard in March...  I’ve gotten some nice quotes from online travel agents (with non-refundable deposits), but don’t know if we’d be “missing out” on anything by not just waiting to book onboard.  Thank you for any thoughts or opinions!

If it were us and we weren't worried about getting a specific cabin, like an aft-facing one, we would wait and book it onboard and get the extra OBC that goes along with doing that. Then, once the cruise is booked, you can transfer it when you get home to the TA that gives you the best deal for transferring it to them.

23 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If it were us and we weren't worried about getting a specific cabin, like an aft-facing one, we would wait and book it onboard and get the extra OBC that goes along with doing that. Then, once the cruise is booked, you can transfer it when you get home to the TA that gives you the best deal for transferring it to them.

👍👍👍 Spot on - agree 100%!

I agree, book on board and switch to the agent of your choice after returning home - be sure to tell the onboard sales person that is your plan and you haven't yet decided on which agency - otherwise, it will automatically be copied to the agent that booked your current cruise.

You can also keep an eye on the cruise and request that your agent re-price it if there is a major price drop later - any time up until final payment date. 

We book on board!

when on Eurodam in Med we booked our SA cruise on Maasdam: we received this

$1,200 OBC

free wifi

Explorer 4

our deposit was $300.00 for 30 day cruise

Now when we were on The Maasdam in SA we booked R/T Hawaii Tahiti for this March which we booked 1 year out this is what we got!

$1,000 OBC

free wifi

Explorer 4 

deposit $300.00

What is nice also if you have a stateroom you love for us it seems we always get first choice. Now mind you we have booked onboard before and have not received such great add ons too!

Denise😊