Specialty restaurants on Jade

TACoor

Just off the Jade, ate at four of the specialty restaurants. Cagney's and Teppanyaki were both very good. Didn't care at all for Cucina, both menu choices and the food itself. Wouldn't care to go back. Bistro was okay but not great - probably wouldn't go there either. One of my issues was that it was difficult to get reservations at desirable times (didn't want to eat at 5:30 or 9:00), both pre-cruise and once on board but when we were seated at Cucina and Bistro, both places were practically empty! Both showed as "red" (essentially unavailable) on the message boards, yet there were so many empty tables. That doesn't make sense, especially for those who had the dining package and couldn't get a reservation!

• Like 1

I agree Cagney's and Teppanyaki's were the best. I liked my meal at Le Bistro more than my husband liked his.

We would not recommend Moderno, the Brazilian churrascaria, particularly if you've been to similar restaurants on land. You WILL be disappointed. Salad bar okay but we didn't care for any of the meats. FIrst time we went to a restaurant like this where we didn't leave absolutely stuffed, but as my husband said, "there's nothing I want any more of!"

It depends to some extent on the number of staff that are rostered on to the Specialty Restaurants.  They roster to the pre-bookings plus an allowance.  When the number that the rostered staff can "safely" do they become fully booked.

If the "walk-ups" are small then the rostered staff tend to be moved to the MDR as they will be "full" and needing help.  It doesn't seem to work the other way.

I certainly understand staggering reservations, but to go into a restaurant and see three tables occupied out of several dozen is a disservice to people who were discouraged from even trying to get in.