Allergy accommodates in ATD MDR

BENHANDEL

I am posting this here since, in all of my obsessive research this is new to me.

We sail on Sunday. We had 6pm fixed dining. FTTF and family suite o  Horizon, so we get first priority. Daughter has a dairy allergy.

I got an email (and follow up phone call) from maitreD today. The have put us at a fixed table in the ATD MDR at 5:30 to better accommodate the allergy. I was a bit disappointed about such an early time, especially since one of the port days ends at 6:30, but I understand their point and the customer service was great. 

we had ATD and my son (almost 17) has severe food allergies (nuts/peanuts/ fish/ sesame). 

we told the matrie d on the first night.  each night my son got the menu for the next dinner. he would tell the waiter what he wanted. they took his order. 

we had no issues. one night they gave him salmon on his plate. a quick notice of it and they brought the right meal over.

you should not worry at all about allergies. carnival was very helpful with us and our son.

• Like 1

I have a seafood, and vinegar allergy. I have had nothing but great service. I do have to be very careful in the buffet though due to my seafood allergy being so severe I can't even be near seafood. 

They will take care of you.  We eat dinner early, so we would love that time. 

My girlfriend is allergic to shellfish, tree nuts, lactose intolerant and a few other things.

She never asks for special treatment in any restaurant or cruise.

Simply asks what is in the sauce or dish if its not clear, if it has something she is allergic to then she orders it and has never had a problem with anything she has ever ordered anywhere.

As long as you are responsible when ordering and carry around a pill or shot as a just in case then just do the regular ATD and eat when you want to eat instead of the super early time offered.

On 12/20/2018 at 9:24 AM, stellarose said:

we had ATD and my son (almost 17) has severe food allergies (nuts/peanuts/ fish/ sesame). 

we told the matrie d on the first night.  each night my son got the menu for the next dinner. he would tell the waiter what he wanted. they took his order. 

we had no issues. one night they gave him salmon on his plate. a quick notice of it and they brought the right meal over.

you should not worry at all about allergies. carnival was very helpful with us and our son.

I cannot be sitting at a table with anyone who orders fish/shellfish (thank you airborne allergy)....do you think they will be able to give me a table for 2 each night?

We got back a few days ago and the service team was amazing with my child with a dairy allergy.

To robc1972...An allergy to dairy is more than simply being "lactose intolerant" so tough to truly avoid without some accommodation. My son has a very minor (now) peanut and shellfish allergy but that is easy to avoid and a bit of exposure will not hurt him. Before I had a kid with a true allergy I also judged those like me. Then I saw her face blow up and her airway close and gained some understanding. I joked that God "blessed" me with all the things I judged my students' parents about. We stopped at 3 kids for fear of what may come next, lol. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ctsharpie05 said:

I cannot be sitting at a table with anyone who orders fish/shellfish (thank you airborne allergy)....do you think they will be able to give me a table for 2 each night?

I would call about that. I am sure they will give you a table for 2, but many of the tables for 2 are so close to other tables for two that you might as well be sitting at a table for 4. You may need to look at the seating chart and pick a specific table that will work for you.