Is the 30% promotion a good deal?

CeCe_

5 minutes ago, CeCe_ said:

No other discounts such as past guest discount would be combined with 30% off promotion.

Ignore the "percent off" numbers touted by Royal.  They use some sort of unique mathematics to come up with those numbers,  Just look at the bottom line cost.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Ignore the "percent off" numbers touted by Royal.  They use some sort of unique mathematics to come up with those numbers,  Just look at the bottom line cost.

I agree.  The bottom line cost seems like a tag overpriced.

21 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

EXACTLY!

From the day I first start shopping for a cruise, until final payment, and sometimes even after that, I will do a mock booking of my trip. No matter what the promotion of the month is named, the price is always real close to being exactly the same.

Now there have been times when the price did actually decrease, which I fully took advantage of, but the cynical side of me just says that they were short of their goal of xy% of cabins filled by yz date, and the price drop is ship specific, rather than fleet wide.

55 minutes ago, clean1owner said:

Now there have been times when the price did actually decrease, which I fully took advantage of, but the cynical side of me just says that they were short of their goal of xy% of cabins filled by yz date, and the price drop is ship specific, rather than fleet wide.

Nothing cynical about that - lack of sales on particular sailings are the main/only reason you see meaningful price drops. 

There's always 25-30% off each guest, sometimes worded as 50-60% off the second guest.  The only thing that changes is the instant savings or onboard credit that's offered in addition to it.  Right now the bonus is okay but not as great as it can be.

On 12/22/2018 at 4:51 PM, clean1owner said:

We did actually have a price drop on our upcoming Adventure cruise. Couple months ago got contacted by the T/A and was told that we lost $25 in OBC, but the total price of the cruise went down almost $400!

Same here. Although we saved about $200 on each room (have 2 of them)