After Carnival Transportation from the Airport to Pier

Markmom18

Hi,

Where do I go? Wait at Pier or board the ship? 

I don't have any special entitlement (bought or earned) to board the Dream early.  I land at MSY (New Orleans about 11:30am day of the cruise ). I booked the next earliest Shuttle to the Dream ( sometime around Noon, I don't have the paperwork in front of me right now). I'm sure we'll be told told this info on the bus/shuttle.

But, of course, I'm curious. Anyone know?

Thank you,

🌸🌸 Bobbi

Edited by Markmom18

Carnival transportation will drop you off right at the entrance to the check in area. You will be arriving late enough that you’ll be able to go right to check in. After you are all checked in and go through security you will more than likely be able to board the ship right away. The shuttle drivers do give you instructions though so no worries. Enjoy your cruise!

You will be able to drop your luggage off with the porters as soon as you get to the port.  As far as checking in, that depends on what time your check in appointment is.  If it's prior to when you arrive, you can go right in and check in, then board the ship because they normally have stated boarding by that time.

If you are there before your check in appointment time, at some ports, they make you wait outside before they will let you in to the building to check in.  For some reason, each port handles that differently.

If you land in MSY at 11:30AM, you will probably be able to get your checked luggage and go to the shuttle bus by 12:30, or 1PM perhaps arriving at the port area by 1:00 or 1:30PM or so.  

Give your checked luggage to the porters when you arrive at the seaport and you'll probably be able to enter the terminal for check in.