Can't Use My Future Cruise Credit?

raz455

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

When did you purchase your FCD because I believe you have to book using it within 2 yrs of purchase date. Perhaps you are trying to book a cruise for Dec 2020 which is beyond that timescale.

I think you have come up with the reason why the OP couldn't use the FCD.

16 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Found this statement on the July 2018 FCD form:  “Reduced deposit and onboard credits do not apply to bookings 45+ days”.

https://book.princess.com/html/personalizer/downloads/pdf/FutureCruiseDepositForm.pdf

I always understood the FCD could not be used for bookings on cruise over 45 days, that is World Cruise or other long cruises. I now see the following on the Princess website regarding FCD. This is the form a passenger would fill out to apply for the FCD. The notation indicates "World Cruise Segments" and does not mention the whole WC. There is no mention of a limitation of 45 day cruises, but maybe this still applies and that is why the form refers to WC segments, not the whole WC. For a World Cruise Segment, the FCD does not take the place of the deposit, but the deposit is reduced.

Deposits and shipboard credits are per person per deposit per booking, based on double occupancy. Future Cruise Deposits will be automatically refunded if not applied to a new booking within two years from date of purchase. Shipboard credit applies to the holder of the Future Cruise Deposit only, and is not applicable to upper berth passengers. Shipboard credits are non refundable and may only be used on a single voyage and expires at the end of that voyage. For World Cruise Segments, the reduced deposit and onboard credits do not apply. The deposit is reduced to 5% of the cruise fare and a fare discount of 3% is provided. See your Future Cruise Consultant for detail

21 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Interesting........so basically it can still be used on segments of the WC that are less than 45 days.

Maybe the OP will clarify.

That is how it looks from the FCD form, although the advantages are not as good as when the FCD is used on other cruises.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the advice and insight. I have tried all suggestions but, alas, no success.   I will call my TA after the  holidays and see if she can post it to the down payment.  Thanks again!   

2 minutes ago, raz455 said:

Thank you all for the advice and insight. I have tried all suggestions but, alas, no success.   I will call my TA after the  holidays and see if she can post it to the down payment.  Thanks again!   

What cruise are we talking about?

1 hour ago, raz455 said:

I feel the problem has occurred because the cruise you are trying to book (December 2020) is most likely beyond the two-year life of your FCD. But I understand that the two-year limit applies to the date you book, not the date of the cruise you want to book. This is probably something your TA can help your with.

Another suggestion is to contact the Captains Circle department (after the holidays) and ask to have your FCD extended. When Princess reduced the life of FCDs from four years to two, I seem to recall that they put in place an option to have the FCD extended. All the best.😊

On 12/30/2018 at 10:29 PM, raz455 said:

Greetings!  I have tried to find an answer to this but, alas, I have failed.  Here is my quandary - I am attempting to book a cruise in December of 2020 but when I get to the Payment page, it does not provide an option to use my Future Cruise Credit.  Has anyone else had this challenge?  Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.  

Happy Cruising!

I believe FCD's expire in two years. Maybe that's your problem booking for Dec 2020.