CruiseNext Ultimate/Sale Question

brendaisbored

I have a cruise at the beginning of February and I'm planning on a cruise to Alaska in May (already purchased airfare). I noticed on my edocs for the February cruise that there's a "free offer" for booking while on ship.

What is it? I searched on the forums and it seems like some kind of upgrade? But I couldn't get a clear answer if that's always the case and, if so, how it works. I'm probably going to get a mini-suite or balcony...depends on price so if the free offer doesn't apply to me, should I just take care of booking now?

Currently they're offering free wifi, specialty dining and shore excursion credits for the Alaska cruise (supposedly this sale ends in two days). What's the chance those offers will still be going in a month? Even if they're not, is booking on the ship a better savings anyway?

The free offer for booking onboard is usually an upgrade to a slightly better cabin within the category you selected (i.e. a BC or BD for the price of a BF).  It does not apply to Haven, Suites, or premium categories such as aft-facing.

The free wifi, dining, and shore excursion credits will almost certainly still be around, as these have been available consistently for the past few years.

The biggest onboard perk is buying CruiseNext certificates, which give you a $500 credit towards your next cruise for only $250.  You don't have to book a specific date at the time as they are good for 4 years.  However, you can choose to apply them immediately and receive the cabin upgrade benefit noted above.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, pinklucky61 said:

what are payment options when buying certificates onboard. cash, onboard credit, cc? any of those ways?

When you register (check-in) for the cruise your payment method is established by Credit Card.

Thus when you purchase the Next Cruise certificates these are billed to your on board account (credit card).

You don't purchase these by cash - however you can go to Guest Services and make a cash deposit to your

on board account and then pay for Next Cruise C. If you have any promo OBC either by NCL or your travel agent

it will already be credited to your on board account and that can be use to purchase the Next Cruise C.

Know the difference between NON-Refundable OBC and Refundable - make sure to use all the N/R OBC up

before the end of the cruise. N/R OBC can not be used to pay the DSC (Daily Service Charge).