Safety alone for a Havana tour?

judytata11

I have read all the great recommendations for companies that do those great car tours around Havana. I will be traveling alone, I am an older woman and wonder if it will be safe for me to book a tour with any of these companies and go alone.

You might be happy with a Blexie Tour.   Their tour guide will meet you in the square right across the street from the terminal and will stay with you the entire day.  We had Lauren as our guide, and I would highly recommend that you request her.  She is a graduate student who speaks impeccable English and will work with you to see the areas of Havana that will interest you the most.  I believe the price is $130 CUC for a 6 hour tour (includes guide, and driver in a hardtop classic car).  If you meet someone on the roll call or on the ship that wants to share the tour, the $130 CUC is for the entire car whether it be just you or you and a couple of new friends.

• 3 weeks later...

We (my husband, myself, and our two young-ish kids) did a private tour through I Love Cuba Photo Tours, and we felt completely safe the whole time. We also met our guide Damian in the square across the street (seems to be a popular meeting place), and after our tour with him, we felt comfortable walking around for awhile. Damian told us that crime is very low, especially against tourists. If you haven’t booked a tour yet, I can’t recommend them enough, and I loved that Damian took all of our pictures for us with his camera, so we have great photos of our trip. I’ve heard a lot of good things about many of the other private tours, so I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the recommendations, I would just recommend doing a private tour over one through the cruise ship. 

We have done Havanajourneys twice & loved it - tour is tailored to what you want to see. The price was the same for 1 - 3 people ($100 total last year) Very safe on your own but if you go to your roll call you may be able to get another couple to join & split the cost.