Rental cars near Miami cruise port

BBowCruiser

Most of the major brands have local edition locations nearby the cruise port with shuttles to the facility, keep in mind that lots of these local editions aren't open Sundays.  The exceptions maybe to the ones that are in hotels.  Another thing to keep in mind - the rates are not the same as renting from the airport.  Depending upon your time frame, it might be cheaper to Uber/cab/cruise ship transfer to MIA and rent from there.  

I just booked a rental car for myself for 1/18 so I can go play the Blue Monster.  I'm staying in Brickell.  It was almost cheaper for me to go back to the airport and rent from there rather than rent downtown, and if I didn't find a 3rd party booking site that is a measure of distance, I probably would have.  

Hertz, Avis and others have downtown locations near POM - they usually shuttle or you can Uber for about $10.  Sometimes the downtown locations are overwhelmed by cruisers, leading to delays even if you have a reservation.

National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise offer free shuttles between their MIA airport location and POM.  If you get a better deal from another agency at MIA airport a taxi from POM will run $27+tip or you can Uber for about $20

Alamo is located in the Intercontinental hotel in downtown. Budget and Avis are right downtown and a couple doors away. Enterprise is located in the Hyatt in downtown.  All are very close.  

I'm not sure about shuttles but Uber would be around $8 to get to any of these locations. 

20 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Hertz, Avis and others have downtown locations near POM - they usually shuttle or you can Uber for about $10.  Sometimes the downtown locations are overwhelmed by cruisers, leading to delays even if you have a reservation.

National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise offer free shuttles between their MIA airport location and POM.  If you get a better deal from another agency at MIA airport a taxi from POM will run $27+tip or you can Uber for about $20

I think enterprise shuttles don't run every day.  I think Monday may be OK however I would call the MIA location and verify.