Veendam

BaltimoreCruise

My husband and I will be on the Veendam next week.  Our second sailing on her in less than 12 months.  Our first was to Cuba in April.  We loved the size of the ship and the HAL staff.  We booked the same cabin as we liked the location in April.

I have a couple of questions for anyone that is currently on the Veendam or recently off the ship.  What are the current movies?  Have you had success upgrading the SPB with Explore 4 to the Elite Beverage Package? Will the mid-level unlimited wi-fi package permit words with friends games?

Thank you.

BaltimoreCruise

Hello,

We have just booked the cruise to Cuba on Veendam but we are struggling with our cabin selection.  Can you provide information as to the cabin you have have now booked twice?  

Thanks for your help.

3 hours ago, ddlslm said:

Hello,

We have just booked the cruise to Cuba on Veendam but we are struggling with our cabin selection.  Can you provide information as to the cabin you have have now booked twice?  

Thanks for your help.

ddlslm,

Not sure what category you are considering. When we went to Cuba in November, we booked #342 an inside on the Lower Promenade deck. We choose inside cabins because we just aren't awake in our cabin very often, LOL! We found this to be a great location for us: easy access to the walk around deck, to the atrium, to everything. Quiet cabin, Great stewards. Loved the Veemdam.

We liked this cabin so much that we have booked a similar one for an upcoming cruise on the Rotterdam!

Thank you for responses - they are very helpful!  We have now gone on 3 HAL cruises and have had a balcony each time.  However, the Vista suites on the Veendam are so expensive that I am looking at other options.  BaltimoreCruise, good luck on getting the information you were seeking re current movies, beverage packages and WiFi and I hope that you have a great trip!  

34 minutes ago, ddlslm said:

Thank you for responses - they are very helpful!  We have now gone on 3 HAL cruises and have had a balcony each time.  However, the Vista suites on the Veendam are so expensive that I am looking at other options.  BaltimoreCruise, good luck on getting the information you were seeking re current movies, beverage packages and WiFi and I hope that you have a great trip!  

We usually get a balcony, but one time HAL offered a 51 grand cruise Rotterdam from London to Singapore via the Suez Canal and two weeks around Indonesia. No way could we have afforded a verandah on that cruise so we booked an ocean view instead for 51 days. I don't remember ever feeling there was a drawback for that choice. The cruise and its destinations more  than made up for our occasional use of a private "outdoors".

Going to Cuba will be pretty much the same thing - just go and adapt around the final cabin choice. Only one I won't now consider right now is an inside cabin - and only because I really need/want to wake up to daylight. But even that is negotiable if it means no cruising for that 15 minute morning light transition change. I do need to look into those gradual daylight alarm clocks - leaving the ship's webcam on did not work for me.

• 2 months later...