Booking system down?

Les_ldh

Hi, is anybody else having trouble trying to book online at the moment? I’ve been trying for 3 days now and keep getting stuck on the “Please wait while we retrieve a list of available cabins” page. I’ve mainly been trying using my iPad, but I know PandO system sometimes doesn’t like iPad, so I’ve also tried using iPhone, Mac laptop, and PC laptop, all with the same result. I’m starting to get a little frustrated now. Are they trying to stop people booking? It doesn’t sound very good for business to me. 

Any help or advice short of phoning them would be appreciated.

thanks,

Les.

7 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

Hi, I've just done a dummy booking for a short cruise, and went right through to passenger details.  Picked and searched for cabins with no problems.  This is on a desktop PC within Chrome.

Thanks Jaydee. I’ve just tried again and I’m still getting stuck at the same place, so I’ve no idea why. I’ve even tried clearing my browser history in case there was something there messing things up. Les.

Hi Les, I appreciate this will not help you but there is an earlier thread, maybe a few weeks ago, relating to the same problem.

I also came across it when looking at a cruise we are on next month trying to see which cabins were available if we wanted to upgrade.

Depending how keen you are to make the booking I guess it's got to be the phone!

Good luck Peter

Edited by PrincessPete
Grammar

3 minutes ago, Les_ldh said:

Thanks Jaydee. I’ve just tried again and I’m still getting stuck at the same place, so I’ve no idea why. I’ve even tried clearing my browser history in case there was something there messing things up. Les.

Hi Les, 

Just tried on my Ipad, and am getting the same response you are waiting to retrieve list of cabins.  I then tried again on my PC using Edge this time, and again went straight through into cabins with no issues.

Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98

Edge Version 42.17134.1.0

9 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I would never book online.  You don't see the availability of cabins online, only the ones they want you to see.  Much better to either phone them or better still use a good TA and get extra discount.

Thanks Jean, I’m not planning to actually book online. I’ve got a shortlist of cruises that I’m interested in and am trying to narrow it down partly by comparing prices. I was then going to phone them to book as I know which cabin(s) I’m interested in. As a matter of interest which TA do you use?

Les.

p.s. I’m now getting an error message saying that they’re having problems with their online booking system, so I think I’ll wait a couple of days and try again.