BREEZE tips and questions!

Allura_317

Hi CC!

I am normally just a browser through the boards but I had a few questions about my upcoming cruise...so here I go.  I am doing a 7 day eastern Caribbean sailing on the Breeze out of Port Canaveral this summer!  I am excited to see warm melting chocolate cake again!  I am not new to Carnival as I have sailed on the Vista and Pride and am definitely not new to cruising (also sail on RCCL and NCL, but still love Carnival).  I am sailing with a a teen (15 year old girl) and a "tween" (11 year old girl).  We have two staterooms booked (balcony and inside for girls).  We are not planning to do specialty dining (we have already done Fahrenheit 555, Cucina del Capitano, and Bonsai Sushi).  I wanted to know any tips, secrets, etc. about the ship, embarkation at Port Canaveral, activities, kids and teens, dining, etc.  

I am aware of a few things:

1. Decks 6, 7,9, 10, and 11 foreward have a sun deck all the way forward.

2.Guys Pig and Anchor and Captain's Pasta Bar (Cucina del Capitano) are open for embarkation lunch- which would you recommend?  We do not want to go to Lido Marketplace, Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana, Pizza Pirate, or MDR, so deciding between those two

3. The lanai and promenade deck.

Here are some specific questions I have:

1. What is Club O2 (15-17) like? The Camp Ocean for sharks (9-11)? 

2. What are things for the girls to do (other than kids/teen club, waterslides, pools, ropes course, sports square, games at Red Frog, and mini golf)?

2. What are specific "hacks"/tips for any thing about my cruise?  For carnival in general?

3. Are the Playlist Production shows good?  I'm more of a broadway-style person and love musicals.  On Vista, I did not enjoy the Playlist Productions that much (just my opinion, everyone is entitled to their own).  What other shows are there that you would recommend (other than Hasbro)?

4. Is it possible for the MDR to bake peanut butter into the melting cake (swirl it in)?  If not, you can get a side of peanut butter, correct?

Thank you in advance!

Hi

Welcome to cruise critic.

If all the things you mentioned on the ship aren't enough distraction for the girls, they could always bring a good book to kill a few hours.

You can get peanut butter.

sorry can't help you with the rest.

have a great cruise 

6 minutes ago, Nic6318 said:

Hi

Welcome to cruise critic.

If all the things you mentioned on the ship aren't enough distraction for the girls, they could always bring a good book to kill a few hours.

You can get peanut butter.

sorry can't help you with the rest.

have a great cruise 

Thank you!  The 15 year old is into reading...the 11 year old, maybe someday.  You would think it's other way around:-) I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.  Thanks for letting me know I can do peanut butter, but is that inside or ask for it on the side?  Thanks!  

5 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

For the girls there is also the Thrill Theater, movies under the stars, the arcade, family comedy shows and karaoke.

Thanks!  The 11 year old loves karaoke, she will be excited about this!  Where is that?

For embarkation lunch I would recommend Cucina - they have a good selection for lunch and plenty of seating.  Pig & Anchor is located outside on deck, where you'll have to wander around & look for seating.

23 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

Can someone tell me what deck Cucina is on and explain best way to get there after embarkation? Thank you.

Cucina is on deck 11 and I believe you need to go to a staircase in Lido Marketplace to get to it.  So you will need to go through madness of a buffet on embarkation day to get to the calm Cucina... I know this is how it is on Vista so I am guessing the same thing.  Please correct me if I am incorrect about the latter.

1 hour ago, kcl57 said:

For embarkation lunch I would recommend Cucina - they have a good selection for lunch and plenty of seating.  Pig & Anchor is located outside on deck, where you'll have to wander around & look for seating.

Thanks! That makes sense.

• Like 1