ANTHEM VS GRANDEUR

thank you all for your comments.

I got a really good rate on the grandeur, $1000 less for the two of us than booking with RC,using a group rate with a travel agent.  Since I was on symphony last year, I feel I got to experience the "big ship" feel. Plus was on celebrity equinox at xmas--unbelievable service and staff, highly recommend! Just need my eight nights to get to diamond.  If the anthem drops in price, I have two months to switch, but the grandeur was just so much less expensive (booked an outside room). Am Canadian, so really have to factor in that exchange rate!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I've done Anthem and Rhapsody (Grandeur's sister). We love our little Rhapsody but for the itinerary not the ship itself. The Anthem is exciting. A modern 'sexy' ship. I fly is amazing!! north star is one and done, but interesting. Seaplex with Roller Skating, bumper cars, trapeze, etc.. keep things moving. The shows are modern. Sailing out of Manhattan is spectacular. It's true that the 'promenade' can be quite crowded, but Anthem is one of favorite ships.

Some of us are NOT looking for a floating amusement park. 😄

2 hours ago, healthworker said:

thank you all for your comments.

I got a really good rate on the grandeur, $1000 less for the two of us than booking with RC,using a group rate with a travel agent.  Since I was on symphony last year, I feel I got to experience the "big ship" feel. Plus was on celebrity equinox at xmas--unbelievable service and staff, highly recommend! Just need my eight nights to get to diamond.  If the anthem drops in price, I have two months to switch, but the grandeur was just so much less expensive (booked an outside room). Am Canadian, so really have to factor in that exchange rate!

I did equinox last June, I agree, a fantastic ship. For $1,000 less I'd seriously consider Grandeur too. Don't blame you one bit. Sometimes it's actually nice to have a more mellow vacation. I've never had a bad cruise, and like I said, we loved the little Rhapsody :).